AN Forums

Star Trek TV & Film

Seeing Worf in the yellow uniform throws me off a bit after DS9 :slight_smile:

###March 7, 2017: This Week on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD (Star Trek: Voyager: The Complete Series DVD)
MARCH 7, 2017

###Star Trek: Discovery Casts Its Captain
March 7, 2017

After reading that article explaining that Voyager and TNG will never be on bluray, the sadness has sunk in after these 2 DVD releases. Low-res CGI and editing from what amounts to glorified VHS instead of the actual film is finally catching up with the industry.

Especially since it asserts that film contains “20K” image quality, other sources I’ve seen only claim 3-7K.

###TV Legends: How Did a Writers’ Strike Change the Borg Forever?
March 31, 2017

###Rainn Wilson to Play Harry Mudd on Star Trek: Discovery
MARCH 31, 2017

###Star Trek: Discovery: Sonequa Martin-Green’s Character Name Revealed
April 3, 2017

###Why Michael Dorn Turned Down a Star Trek: Discovery Role
April 12, 2017

###Star Trek 4 Is ‘No Guarantee,’ Zachary Quinto Says
April 22, 2017

Looks like New Spock is morphing into Freddie Mercury. :wink:

I had fun with Star Trek 3, but I wouldn’t be adverse to a “spirit of the original” reboot…as for developing a new movie, can’t Paramount just take the promise of Axanar and put some polish on it?

###Star Trek: Discovery Rounds Out Cast
April 28, 2017

###Diversity is Key to Star Trek: Discovery’s Mission, Fuller Promises
May 4, 2017

So the captain of the titular ship is played by a male actor?

Putting an Asian actress in as the captain of a ship with an Asian name? :wink:

…Trek has aliens galore, yet the ex-showrunner is concerned about showing human diversity? Xenophobe :laughing:

###First Star Trek: Discovery Photo Reveals Some Old-School Tech
May 17, 2017

###Star Trek: Discovery First Look Trailer Debuts
May 17, 2017

The trailer actually looks much, much better than I expected. The cinematography and effects are really top notch, and it’s easily the best Trek has ever looked on th small screen.

It has a very strong cast, so I look forward to its debut. I’m not going to go through the hassle of nit picking how it doesn’t match TOS visually, as so many other “fans” are doing.

The only thing that’s wrong is that during the shows timeline, each ship had their own individual symbol. Star Fleet only incorporated the Enterprise’s Delta Shield fleet wide because of the historical importance of Kirk and crew’s 5 year mission.

###Star Trek: Discovery Beams Up New Images & Hint of a Vulcan Connection
May 18, 2017

That’s actually a point of contention among fans. There is a fairly valid looking memo that has been floating around for some time that indicates that having different insignias for each ship was a mistake by the costuming department that wasn’t caught before airing. Each ship was suppose to have the “Enterprise” insignia, with the only differences being for specialties such as sciences, medicine, engineering, etc.

"TO: Bill Theiss

SUBJECT: STARSHIP EMBLEMS

DATE: December 18, 1967

Whilst sitting in Dailies today, it was noticed that a Starship Captain (from another Starship) was wearing an emblem unfamiliar to yours truly. I have checked the occurences out with Mr. Roddenberry, who has reassured me that all Starship personnel wear the Starship emblem that we have established for our Enterprise Crew Members to wear.

Doubtless this situation has arisen due to the fact that a different Starship emblem was used last season on “CHARLIE X”. However, the personnel of that other ship in that show were the equivalent of merchant marine or freighter personnel — and therefore not entitled to bear this proud insignia on their individual and collective breasts.

Please do not do anything to correct this understandable mistake in the present episode. However, should we have Starfleet personnel in any other episodes, please make certain that they were the proper emblem.

Under penalty of death!

Signed this 18th day of December, in the year of our Lord, 1967, by

ROBERT H. JUSTMAN

Chief Inquisitor

CC: Gene Roddenberry

John M. Lucas

D.C. Fontana

Gregg Peters

RHJ:sts

P.S. A carven “I’m sorry!” will be sufficient.

R.H.J.

Seems very fitting… :wink:

###TV Legends: The Bizarre Fears That Led to the Vulcan Mind-Meld
June 9, 2017

###Star Trek: Discovery Producer Talks Delays, LGBT Representation & More
June 9, 2017

###Star Trek’s Nicholas Meyer Reveals He’s Working On Another Trek Project
June 12, 2017