Thread Archive: Forum Launch 2009-2014

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=Slowhand]
I also have IE8 and I concur.

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/photosx.png/http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7936/photosx.th.png[/quote]

Coffee, I didn’t really edit anything in your post, it was a mistake… sorry!
It’s ok, your edit isn’t hard to fix.

And while I’m at it, you can have your screenshot back.[/quote]

It’s fixed. Please try it now.

Apparently JomSocial doesn’t like double-quotes in Album descriptions. Or to be more precise, it shouldn’t allow them because it doesn’t convert them to single quotes or replace them with HTML entities before building the All Photos page.

Note to mods: if you see this kind of thing again, look at the title and description of the album. If there are double quotes in either that’s probably the problem.

–akpoff

1 Like

Looks good on my end!

[quote=akpoff]
It’s fixed. Please try it now.

Apparently JomSocial doesn’t like double-quotes in Album descriptions. Or to be more precise, it shouldn’t allow them because it doesn’t convert them to single quotes or replace them with HTML entities before building the All Photos page.

Note to mods: if you see this kind of thing again, look at the title and description of the album. If there are double quotes in either that’s probably the problem.

–akpoff[/quote]

Yep, all fixed now! You are a genius… no, a Super-Genius!

Thanks so much! :woohoo:

Another thing I noticed yesterday while taking a tour of the site, the icons for these three shows don’t show up on the OP shows page.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2558/tanopicnsl.jpg

Another thing that changed that I noticed the other day (though I thought it was a fluke at the time) and confirmed it today, at least on IE8

When composing your initial post and you add something in spoiler tags, when you preview it, it won’t allow the spoiler tag to be clicked and opened in the preview.

However, once a message is actually posted, it works fine, and if you edit and preview it, the spoiler works as it should, opening/closing when clicked on.

Was there maintenance today on the site? The “recent discussions” “my discussions” “categories” etc… on top of the pages are invisible unless you highlight the page.
Slick

1 Like

[quote=slickwolfie]
Was there maintenance today on the site? The “recent discussions” “my discussions” “categories” etc… on top of the pages are invisible unless you highlight the page.
Slick[/quote]

Not that I know of, and I’m not having any trouble seeing those tabs.

Why don’t you give me your browser and stuff and I’ll let Sam know.

I’m on Opera’s newest version. Just started happening this afternoon.
Slick

Edit: I just shut Opera down and restarted and everything is back to normal. Must have been an Opera bug. Thanks Slowhand.
Slick

1 Like

Could be a weird quirk with Opera. I’m not having any issues in Chrome, Firefox or Safari. I’ll check with The Poff to see if anything he’s working on could be causing this… plus, he’s an Opera user. =P

BTW: When did you update to this version of Opera?

1 Like

[quote=spazzysam]
Could be a weird quirk with Opera. I’m not having any issues in Chrome, Firefox or Safari. I’ll check with The Poff to see if anything he’s working on could be causing this… plus, he’s an Opera user. =P

BTW: When did you update to this version of Opera?[/quote]

Thanks Sam. I just re-started Opera and it’s fine now. Like you said, it was an Opera bug.
Slick

1 Like

Online Player Temporarily Suspended for Maintenance - 8/6/10

We’ve been doing some upgrades to the servers this morning and it’s looking like they’re getting bogged down with all the activity.
This is why some of you were getting time-outs or non-delivery of streams.

To speed up the update process and get everything back to normal more quickly, we’re suspending Online Player streaming for a bit until the updates are done.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

I’ll let you all know when finish turning everything back on.

Originally posted: August 6, 2010 @ 10:31am

1 Like

[quote=Rai]
Stage 1 of maintenance is nearing completion. We’ll have an update with ETA at about 5 PM CDT

Sorry again everyone! We’re working hard for you![/quote]
Please note.

Hey guys & gals,
We’re getting close to wrapping up part 1 of our file upgrades, so we’ll be switching the Online Player service back on around dinner time…
I’ll post here in the forums to tell you when it’s back on.

We still have some shows that are being updated, so they won’t be available until later tonight/tomorrow.
I’ll keep you all informed as they are turned back on.

After we start turning shows back on, if you have any problems with viewing them, first consult the list of live shows that I’ll be posting, then give me your Trouble Report as per usual in the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,39967/limit,10/limitstart,280/#56972.

Thanks a bunch for your patience!

1 Like

Okay, the Online Player has been put back into service.
We still have some shows/episodes that are updating, so take a peak at my latest update in the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,39967/limit,10/limitstart,280/#56972 to get the full scoop.

I’ll be posting updates later this evening and in the morning, so check the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,39967/limit,10/limitstart,280/#56972 before you post an error report.

Thanks again for hanging in there!

SS

1 Like

Looks like my last comment may have been a bit premature. Everything seems to be finally working okay. Sorry for the impatience.

1 Like

[quote=ramrod614]
Looks like my last comment may have been a bit premature. Everything seems to be finally working okay. Sorry for the impatience.[/quote]

I’m glad everything is working for you - that’s the most important thing.

Thanks for letting us know!

If anyone has any further issues with the Online Player, please post them in
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,39967/limit,10/limitstart,310/

1 Like

Report bugs and issues with the new Website

[quote=“dragoon”]
Report bugs and issues with the new Website, community, forums here.[/quote]
Originally posted: March 7, 2010 @ 7:04pm

So far, it looks good, though I’ll probably give a full report as I play around with it for a little while.

Few things I noticed so far:

It runs a tad slower (on IE8) but perfectly acceptable.
The skin is a bit bright for those of us with photophobia. The ability to change to a darker skin would be nice.
Don’t know whether this was on purpose or not, but I’ll add it anyways. Links on the “Who’s Online” page for threads no longer go to their respective threads. They all lead back to the TAN homepage.

Using a MacBook, Google Chrome

• Groups section has some kind of visible code.
  • The “Save” and “edit” buttons for status updates overlap the box.
  • When replying to comment chains, the “Comment” button is underneath the user’s avatar.
    -There is no box for Community Preferences.

Community

• When hovering over a the avatar of a user, the pop-up gives not only the username, but also code (this was a previously a problem as well). Additionally, the member list clips the second row of avatars.

Forum

• The “optional forum header” is still visible in the Announcements category.
  • Spoiler tags don’t work when previewing posts.
1 Like