Trivia: Name which ADV title

:unsure: This was dubbed?

For #4, I would guess the You’re Under Arrest OVA’s

Cody for #4 nope, but close enough I guess. :wink: It’s the YUA Movie - the OVA was an AE license. But I’ll give it to you since someone will probably look it up and find the Movie. :wink:

Added final hints

Remaining Round 2 questions

Which ADV licensed title/release was:

2. Dub was done in Los Angeles (not Wild Arms or Arc the Lad or Hello Kitty) - Hint: Direct ADV license, not a side license or rescue)?
6. Dub done in Canada, not a traditional ADV license (Home Video distribution deal), not anime, not a cartoon and not Live Action (not listed on ANN) + also it’s been on 2 US Networks in the 90s

Fuccons?

shudders

what’s wrong with you? Fuccons was awesome.

Nah, Fuccons was a dub done at ADV’s main studio in Houston.

That’s what I meant :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry for that.

This and Farscape were just distribution deals. Although I do wonder if this is perhaps what Dragoon wanted. It’s not an anime or cartoon…

I added more hints on the final one a few lines up when I last posted it. Will post the answers later tonight, if someone wants to take a final stab before then.

OK Dragoon you got me. If it’s not anime, not a cartoon and not Live Action, what the hell is it? A still picture? If it aired on TV what could it be? You win for being tricky good sir.

Interestingly enough, they did actually license Rio’s image and an anime clip for an Orange Energy Drink ad campaign, but that wasn’t in the 90s.
So that can’t be it.

enter…zombie king

1. Burn Up Excess was subcontracted to PCB Productions (my guess is cause Amanda Winn and Jason Lee moved to LA by then - Burn Up W was done at ADV initially and they wanted to keep cast consistency. The new Maki was nowhere as good as Tiffany Grant though :()
  2. ReBoot (a tricky one) :wink:

ReBoot is a cartoon, although it is CGI. You cheated Dragoon :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway very interesting.

Well, cartoon is expansive in terms of its definition. Personally I don’t consider CG art or animation, cartoon. But I could have been clearer perhaps. :stuck_out_tongue:

It could have easily been this to you know.

I think I agree with Prede on this one…lol I kept thinking about the various Mainframe shows that ADV put out, but since you said no cartoons, I didn’t post any of them. But couldn’t that have also applied to War Planets?

You still cheated. It’s a “CGI Cartoon”. Hell if they call Wall-e a cartoon, then that’s a cartoon too. Anyway I hate the word lol. Much prefer to use animation whenever I can :wink: . But I still think you cheated :stuck_out_tongue: .

Do I win something? Like a cookie? I could totally go for a cookie right now, home cooked, none of that wrapped crap.

Here’s a big, tall cookie…

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9616/oreoq.jpg

Nope, the terms cartoon and animation are not used interchangeably. The term animated cartoon arguably can be used, but like you I prefer the term animation. Even if one were doing CGI cell-shaded animation, it’d almost never be called a cartoon, at least not in the production field. But I do agree it was a little bit tricky and obtuse. (For the record, I don’t care that some of them are named toon shaders.) :stuck_out_tongue:

As for what you win, you and Cody win 2009 Members of Participation Honor title. :slight_smile: And sure, digital cookies!

We might have some nice goodies in the future… stay tuned!