AN Forums

What's Cooking?

mine:}

There is the other pie I do eat once a while is key lime pie

Merci,
Marc

peach is the only other pie i’ll eat

The Peach pies are good which I have eat once a while.

Merci,
Marc

Pies are deadly …:s

My other two favorites are Pumpkin Pie & Chocolate Mousse Pie. But nothing beats Lemon Meringue.

Lemon is only good if you have a good meringue and that’s not the case when I had have had it

This is a meringue recipe that we have used for decades, it works well every time.

Junior’s Truck Stop Meringue
Note: This is a sweet meringue.

For One Pie <

2 or 3 Egg Whites
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Karo corn syrup
1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Heat all ingredients except vanilla until just warm.

Remove from heat.

Add vanilla and beat until meringue peaks.

You will want to adjust the Egg Whites and Sugar to suit your taste and the size of pie that you are working with.

It is especially good with lemon pie. :woohoo:

Mark Gosdin

Thanks Mark

[quote=“mgosdin” post=156037]This is a meringue recipe that we have used for decades, it works well every time.

Junior’s Truck Stop Meringue
Note: This is a sweet meringue.

For One Pie <

2 or 3 Egg Whites
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Karo corn syrup
1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Heat all ingredients except vanilla until just warm.

Remove from heat.

Add vanilla and beat until meringue peaks.

You will want to adjust the Egg Whites and Sugar to suit your taste and the size of pie that you are working with.

It is especially good with lemon pie. :woohoo:

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

Wow, that’s nearly the exact same recipe I use! I would reveal it but I’m not allowed to. It is my moms recipe and she does not share it with anyone -_-

Bleh :stuck_out_tongue:

Yum! Pie!

I love pie. The standard fruit ones are always good (blueberry, cherry, apple, etc.), as are Lemon Meringue and Key Lime. I also had a wonderful cheesecake type pie once. I can’t leave out coconut custard either. It’s really hard to choose just one!

But if you are forcing me, I would have to go with Chocolate Cream pie. The kind with a chocolate cookie or graham cracker crust, fluffy whipped cream topping, and plenty of shaved chocolate on top! Absolute ecstasy!

Wicca, that sounds delicious. That is going on my list of pies to make. :laugh:
Have you ever tried chocolate mousse pie? It’s almost like a pudding filled pie and it tastes amazing, almost as good as meringue.

Yes, that is good too. Chocolate mousse can be very rich and decadent. :slight_smile:

I have eat one pie but can’t remember the name but that was pretty much right out of the " Pie scale "

It have chocolate lacquar flavoured inside with few differnt types of chocolates inside of that pie.

If I can find that name I will post it but I am pretty sure I heard it was Italitan name but it did slipped out of my mind for a while.

Merci,
Marc

0.0 That sounds heavenly!

No matter what you do.,

You can not able walk away from this one once you eat this type of pie.

I been there so I just can’t really describe it but it was a very good eyeopener and just hit your tastebuds just right.

Merci,
Marc

:blink: more pies

:S Oui Of course more pies and about right on this time of year it will become more popouar ( spelling )

Merci,
Marc

well I’m not eating them