When They Cry / Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

This Week in Anime - Is Higurashi Gou as Terrifying as the Original?

by Monique Thomas & Nicholas Dupree, Oct 28th 2020

I really donā€™t want to know the answer to thatā€¦

Funimation Announces New Higurashi: When They Cry Animeā€™s English Dub, Cast

posted on 2020-11-05 13:07 EST by Alex Mateo
Emi Lo, Brittany Lauda, Michelle Rojas star in English dub that premiered on Thursday

The Nail Scene - Higurashi: When They Cry - GOU (Spoiler Alert)

Havenā€™t You Heard? Higurashi: When They Cry - GOU

Do You Believe in Curses? - Higurashi: When They Cry - GOU

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW Kicks off 2021 with a 13-Episode Nico Nico Marathon

December 30, 2020 9:17am CST
Episode 14 of the new horror series will premiere the same day

Welcome the New Year With the New Higurashi Anime

Jan 8th 2021

The Horror and Romance of Rural Higurashi

by ZeroReq011, Mar 8th 2021

Higurashi: When They Cry Franchise Continues With SOTSU TV Anime in July

posted on 2021-03-18 13:36 EDT by Alex Mateo
Higurashi: When They Cry ā€“ GOU anime ended on Thursday

When They Cry Official Trailer

When They Cry Kai Official Trailer

When They Cry Rei Official Trailer

Updated Higurashi: When They Cry - SOTSU Trailer Teases More of Animeā€™s Continuation

April 05, 2021 5:03am CDT
The next chapter of the mystery unfolds this July

Higurashi: When They Cry - SOTSU | Teaser Trailer

Hello Kitty and her Sanrio pals are collaborating with a notoriously bloody horror anime series

2021-04-29T15:00:00Z
Hello Kitty and her friends show up in the infamously cursed village of Hinamizawa to comfort the cast of Higurashi Naku Koro ni.

2 Likes

Higurashi: When They Cry ā€“ SOTSU Animeā€™s Trailer Previews Opening Song

posted on 2021-05-20 07:01 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Ayane performs ā€œAnalogyā€ opening for July anime

Higurashi: When They Cry ā€“ SOTSU Anime Premieres on July 1

posted on 2021-06-07 04:02 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda

Higurashi: When They Cry ā€“ SOTSU Anime Previewed in 2nd Video

posted on 2021-06-20 06:46 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Followup to Higurashi: When They Cry ā€“ GOU premieres on July 1

Higurashi: When They Cry - SOTSU | Official Trailer 3

I just started watching this one on Hulu. Itā€™s fine I guess, but itā€™s truly missing a lot of what made the original so good. I like how Studio Deen had two different art styles, and I really think they did a wonderful job. I know people criticize them, I know theyā€™re not the best studio out there, but When They Cry always looked alright, the simplicity worked in this case. And it has that wonderful ā€œfaceā€ when the characters go mad. Passione is just sort of winging it here. Not only is the artwork not up to par, but the pacing is all wrong. I like how they use our expectations of the original series against us sometimes, but itā€™s a lot of rehashing the first season. I thought this would either be a more interesting re-telling or something with much more content. Instead itā€™s in that deadly middle ground there, not enough new stuff to be interesting, not strong enough of a re-make. Watching this just makes me want to watch the original. Not to mention the Bang Zoom dub was godly. It was so perfect. Funimation disappointed me on this one. I wish they had kept the bang zoom actors. One positive on the dub however is they cast Mark Stoddard as detective Ōishi. He is the "go to " for middle aged detectives,the obvious choice. He was excellent in Case Closed as Meguire. If they didnā€™t go with him I would have been surprised. He is the standout of the dub. Itā€™s worth watching for him really, because the rest of the cast isnā€™t giving it their A game.

But maybe Iā€™m wrong? Does it get better? Iā€™m past the first arc and deep into arc 2. I forget the exact episode number

1 Like

Warning - contains spoilers

2021-06-26T04:00:00Z