Your First Anime

What was your first anime? and do you ever revisit it?

I suppose a lot of people would be surprised, but my first anime series that I watched was the Bleach dub in 2006.

Battle of the Planets, Later known as G-Force.

Yes I did revisit the Anime when it was shown on Cartoon Network.
Warning MatureOnly looking to see if G3 would have her panties showing.

I have seen some anime before, but the one that brought me to TAN and into anime in a more serious manner was RahXephon. The first episode had me asking ‘WTF’ and I had to watch more.

(I was actually going to respond to this sooner, but something happened and it wouldn’t let me post. :< )

It seems that barely anyone has actually seen my first anime from asking around. It was Magical Pokaan, or the “more proper title”: Renkin 3-kyu Magical? Pokan. This was the first anime I watched all the way through, so I count it as my first. (Since I didn’t watch Pokémon or DBZ at all as a child. :blush: ) However, this was not the title that got me interested since I didn’t even know what anime was back then. :stuck_out_tongue:
As for revisiting it? I haven’t in the past, and don’t really have any plans to in the future. :s

The first anime I ever saw, I’m pretty sure was Akira. When I was like 5 and it freaked me out.

But, the first anime I watched all the way through was Trigun. And yes, I’ve watched it about 30 times. And it’s still one of the best I’ve seen.

First Anime was Gigantor, in glorious Black & White.

The first complete Anime for me was Speed Racer.

Way too old, but still loving this stuff.

Mark Gosdin

My first anime was “Battle of the Planets” back in 1979 and some of my oldest memories. I have not watched it since I was a kid.

CardCaptor Sakura and pokemon if it count thanks for the replies keep them come

First anime watched: Sailor Moon
First anime bought: Please Teacher Complete Collection (Feb. 2005)

The first anime I ever watched was Tokoyo mew mew and I haven’t watched it since, though I do have a friend who is obbssessed with it so I still hear about it al the time.

I watched Speed Racer and Voltron when I was a kid without even knowing they were animes. But when I was in high school someone showed me a grainy, bootleg, VHS copy of Akira and even the crap quality couldn’t hide that I was looking at the coolest thing I had ever seen. Been hooked ever since.

My first anime was Digimon. I didn’t even know it was an anime until some years ago.
And yeah I try to see the full season but I can’t find it any where :frowning:

First anime watched Sailor Moon.

Reading this is making me feel old Mew Mew and Bleach, wow.

I can’t imagine how the BotP and Speed Racer fans feel.

Not to mention Astro Boy and Gigantor…

mitamaking wrote:

Old sometimes but the great thing about anime it brings us all together. B)

My frist anime
Battle of the Planets

My frist bought anime
Gunsmith Cats
in all it’s 3 VHS glory, which I still own I’m darn, proud to say.

mgosdin wrote:

[quote]First Anime was Gigantor, in glorious Black & White.

The first complete Anime for me was Speed Racer.

Way too old, but still loving this stuff.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

WOW! Another ol’ f**t like me! Gigantor… check. Speed Racer… check. How about adding Astro Boy and Tobor the 8th Man to that list?

Hmm my first anime would have to of been… .hack/sign, Kenshin, or Trigun, back when Toonami existed and cartoon network had a lot of good shows on it. but my memory is a bit foggy so who knows what it coulda been, lol.

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]
WOW! Another ol’ f**t like me! Gigantor… check. Speed Racer… check. How about adding Astro Boy and Tobor the 8th Man to that list?[/quote]

Astro Boy, that one was after my Dad bought us a new console TV. It’s “big” color screen was 22"!

Tobor, how could I have forgotten that! That was another “Early Sunday Morning, before the Preachers gear up” show. Got a chuckle out of tobor | robot when I first hear it.

I didn’t get to see all of either of those, got shuffled around between home and two different Grandmothers a lot in those days. Only at home did I have a chance of catching them.

Thanks Newshawk for triggering yet another flood of good memories.

Mark Gosdin