AN Forums

Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

[quote=“GingerKidL, post:809, topic:3248, full:true”]
having a serious problem at the moment, cant seem to access anything. not my profile, community, or groups. i can only see others profiles, i cant get into anything other than pictures and profiles really. anything on this or am i like the only one right now?[/quote]
There are two “sides” to the site now. Which side are you having this problem with? This side with the forums?
The Community side? Can you sign in on that side?
Or both sides?

Both sides have profiles. I just need to know if you’re having trouble in both sides or just one.

Its on the community side, i can sign in on this side fine. Been a few months since i was last on and i could do anything.

[quote=“GingerKidL, post:811, topic:3248, full:true”]
Its on the community side, i can sign in on this side fine. Been a few months since i was last on and i could do anything.[/quote]

I think I know what you are saying with this, @GingerKidL. But firstly, the main Community feed page has been gone for awhile now just so that you know. Any other feeds, like your profile feed, are still there though.

There is a little glitch that has affected many people’s profiles preventing their feeds from showing. One of the users happened to find a strange little fix or tweak to get it to show again. Here it is below for you to try…

On your Community profile, go to your ‘Preferences’ and look at what number you have the ‘Activity stream feeds’ for your profile set to. Set it to 100 and click save. Then set it to 25 and save again. That should fix it.

If it doesn’t fix it the first time around, rinse and repeat the steps. As far as I know the first number just has to be different than whatever you have it set to at first. The second 25 number though seems to be the magic number that was found out. This little method has fixed several user’s profiles so far… fingers crossed. :smile:

[quote="Lumis]

[quote=GingerKidL]
Its on the community side, i can sign in on this side fine. Been a few months since i was last on and i could do anything.[/quote]
I think I know what you are saying with this, @GingerKidL. But firstly, the main Community feed page has been gone for awhile now just so that you know. Any other feeds, like your profile feed, are still there though.

There is a little glitch that has affected many people’s profiles preventing their feeds from showing. One of the users happened to find a strange little fix or tweak to get it to show again. Here it is below for you to try…

On your Community profile, go to your ‘Preferences’ and look at what number you have the ‘Activity stream feeds’ for your profile set to. Set it to 100 and click save. Then set it to 25 and save again. That should fix it.

If it doesn’t fix it the first time around, rinse and repeat the steps. As far as I know the first number just has to be different than whatever you have it set to at first. The second 25 number though seems to be the magic number that was found out. This little method has fixed several user’s profiles so far… fingers crossed.[/quote]
Let us know if this fixes it or not.

did not work sadly, tried it 10 times to be safe and nothing has changed so far.

[quote=“GingerKidL, post:814, topic:3248, full:true”]
did not work sadly, tried it 10 times to be safe and nothing has changed so far.[/quote]

I did happen to visit your Community profile and I see that your profile feed is showing now… where it wasn’t before you tried this. Can you not see your profile at all? Like say when I visit it with this link…

https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/userid,139295/view,profile/

Does this show for you and also does your profile feed show on it too?

Also just to restate this about the main Community page, the same page that would pop up when you go to sign in, no longer has the feed or group info present on it any longer. This was changed awhile ago. If you want to access your groups or their updates, you will have to do so from your profile page now. The main Community page is no longer active any longer so that you know.

The only thing that the fix I gave was to do was to get your profile feed to show back up again within your profile page. Which from my point of view worked on your profile. Thanks for trying it out. Leave a post here for the above question if you can. And, I’m sorry that the Community page is no longer active any longer.

Wait. So now the community on the other “side” of the site is just shut down? you can only see the feed from that specific profile?

Hi @GingerKidL - Are you still unable to see your feed on your Community Profile?
The community profile is separate from the forum profile.

i can not see it and if the community on the other side is being slowly shut down then you may as well get rid of my account now. i don’t come here anymore for anime, i come here for my old friends and if i cant even see whats up with them anymore then just press delete on me right now.

The JomSocial community is still active.

The main activity feed was removed from the community frontage (where you log in) because it was constantly causing users issues and slowing things down.

However, your activity feed is still available on your profile. As are your friends and groups. Nothing has changed there.

@GingerKidL
When I go to your profile on the Community side, I can see your feed.
https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/userid,139295/view,profile/

Click that link and see if it doesn’t take you over there. I can see everything you’ve posted and things that your friends have posted.

What exactly is it that you’re missing?

i can only see my profile from that link you gave me, that was also the first time it works.
But when i log in over on the other side it wont load anything bellow my avatar, or my post box. Same goes for every other account/profile that i go to look at. I can not comment, reply, or do anything but post with no way of replying. Occasionally, i cant even check my messages jsut another white screen with ads on the side.

After you log in over there, is this what you see?
https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/view,frontpage/

[quote=“Slowhand, post:822, topic:3248”]
After you log in over there, is this what you see?https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_community/Itemid,79/view,frontpage/
[/quote] I’m getting a blank page for that URL.

Test 1: Go to https://www.theanimenetwork.com/ and click on “COMMUNITY”.
Test 2: Go to https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/ and click on “Community”.
Both tests end up with the mostly blank screen.

Manually changing “view,frontpage” to “view,profile” brings up the profile with news feed.

[quote=“SpaceCobraJoe, post:823, topic:3248”]
I’m getting a blank page for that URL.[/quote]
And that’s what I’m asking him, if he’s getting that blank screen. He keeps saying that it “won’t load anything”.

Just trying to establish what exactly it is that he’s seeing.

Thanks for the screenshot, Joe.

So… I just signed up for the free trial of the subscription service and I noticed that every so often, the player freezes and replays the last 2-3 seconds of what I just watched before resuming the video and it does this at least once per episode I watch.

Even after wiping my cookies and everything, restarting Firefox, etc., it’s still doing that. Any solutions or is this a problem on Anime Network’s end?

That occasionaly does happen. It is better than the opposite (missing 2-3 seconds of dialog).

So, let me get this straight… the player that I actually might end up paying money for actually has a glitch that the free player doesn’t have?

If you are having issues watching videos online, we’ll be happy to help. Please let us know the details with the report below.
We have a dedicated thread for reporting and discussing video issues

Online Player Technical Issue Report

We need to know some specific information in order to troubleshoot your issue:

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player. Quantifiable details are much more helpful than qualitative notes. (ex.: “X Page took 9 seconds to load” vs. “The page took a long time to load”)
  • Is this a new issue that you are experiencing or has it been going on for a while? Is is happening consistently, more frequently than not, or infrequently?

Basic details we need:

• What Operating System are you using? (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.
  • What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, FireFox 18.0.1, etc)
  • Is it happening in just one Browser or in multiple browsers? Please specify which browsers are being affected.
  • Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
    This info helps us track down if it is a browser-specific issue and helps us in trying to replicate it on our end for further testing.

If you are having trouble with long loading time or choppy video playback, we need to know:

• Are you using the Native JW Player, Embedded Hulu Player or mobile browser player?
  • Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything that you have tried to watch? Please give us at least 1 example, so we can test it.
  • Affected Episode(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes? Please give us at least 1 example, so we can test it.
  • Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected?
  • Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected?
  • Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?

The video servers that TAN uses are geographically diverse from the servers Hulu uses. Issues with bandwidth and latency tend so show up more with premium content coming from TAN as compared to the free stuff from Hulu.