Anime Network Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread

Thanks for the feedback!

We want to hear from as many people as possible!

Even if your response is “I didn’t have a problem in the first place” or “I can detect no change in performance”, it is all valuable information to us!

Hulu player still aligned left.

Thanks, Shadzar. The realignment wasn’t in the update done today.

I attempted to watch some more videos, but it is the same; unable to watch more than a few seconds before it buffers and stops. All the details are the same as my previous post. I tried watching pretty much every episode of Angel Beats, and some other random episode 1s from things like Clannad, Girls Und Panzer, Watamote, etc. All dubbed.

Everything seems to be working fine for me except at 11:30 PM PST if I’m watching A show it will stop playing and I have to logout and log back in that is been happening for years now though other than that it’s all good on my end.

I am on a Mac running 10.9.4
Browser Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125
Charger Cable Internet 30 down 4 up

I also noticed the websiteHas been pretty slow latelyBut not today and I am a premium member so use the embedded Player not Hulu I refuse watch Hulu because they still have commercials.

I just watched episode 2 dubbed of Fate Illya in HD. Everything was fine, although I did notice a few unrepeatable moments where the video would freeze for a split second.

Most importantly (I don’t want to jinx it lol) I haven’t had a stream end prematurely, throwing an amazon server not found error. That happened to me a few times around when the dub of Problem Children went live.

Hey Spazzy, sorry to not post here sooner. I haven’t had any buffering issues with the ANO player for quite some time whether I am watching something in SD or HD. As Celestial had mentioned, I have run across the “Amazon server not found” the other night. I wrote this off at the time since it was around that time that maintenance/updates are usually being done though.

Let me know if you happen to need more detailed info at anytime and if anything changes, I will report in here ASAP.
:slight_smile:

Thank you Lumis & celestial_being!
The “Amazon server not found” is most likely related to the server reboots that happen periodically. We’re adjusting their schedule to avoid the higher traffic hours. Let us know if you keep experiencing that, so we can make notes for further schedule adjustments.

cyclops214 -
Thanks for the report!
Most likely, the reason you had an issue last night was due to a server rebooting. We’re adjusting that this week, so please keep us posted if you encounter it again and at what time.
The Hulu Player is the “Embedded Player”. Since you are a premium subscriber and are getting commercial-free viewing, you are being served by the Native player. The updates we are doing are aimed at the Native Player, so keep us posted on how it works for you.

*SIDEBAR:
For users watching over the embedded Hulu Player, if you encounter issues with playback, please let us know about it, too, so we can report it to Hulu. Since it’s their player embedded on our site, we can’t fix issues involving video loading and smooth playback. But we’ll report it and follow up with them to get the issue resolved.

Dalymine - Can you provide me with some new & updated details?

[size=4]Here’s what I have for you:[/size]

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.
  • Affected Show Title(s), Affected Episode(s) & Affected Language Version

[size=4]**Please fill out the details below and post it back. **[/size]

Basic details we need:

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
  • What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
  • Is it happening in just one Browser or in multiple browsers? Please specify which browsers are being affected.

Tell us about your internet connection:

• What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)
  • Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

If you are having trouble with long loading time or choppy video playback, we need to know:

• Are you using the Native JW Player (regular website) or watching over a mobile browser’s player?
  • Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected?
  • Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?

[size=4]Let me know these items and we can further troubleshoot your buffering issue.
Thanks!
[/size]

[quote=“spazzysam” post=173422]*SIDEBAR:
For users watching over the embedded Hulu Player, if you encounter issues with playback, please let us know about it, too, so we can report it to Hulu. Since it’s their player embedded on our site, we can’t fix issues involving video loading and smooth playback. But we’ll report it and follow up with them to get the issue resolved.
*[/quote]

Just a curious question to clarify. This means when watching on TAN ANO player and it is a Hulu player that appears to report it here. For all other Hulu related problems when viewing from Hulu’s website they should be reported to the https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,104409/ instead correct?

K-ON! (Season 1) Ep. 8 seems to have an encoding error on the DUB HD stream only.
I’ve checked all streams, and the HD DUB stream is the only one affected by this.

The picture freezes right at the 6:04 mark with audio continuing until the 6:07 mark, then it cuts out and just leaves no sound and this picture all the rest of the way through the rest of the episode.

[quote=“spazzysam” post=173423]Dalymine - Can you provide me with some new & updated details?

[size=4]Here’s what I have for you:[/size]

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.
  • Affected Show Title(s), Affected Episode(s) & Affected Language Version

[size=4]**Please fill out the details below and post it back. **[/size]

Basic details we need:

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
  • What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
  • Is it happening in just one Browser or in multiple browsers? Please specify which browsers are being affected.

• Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

If you are having trouble with long loading time or choppy video playback, we need to know:

• Are you using the Native JW Player (regular website) or watching over a mobile browser’s player?
  • Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected?
  • Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?

[size=4]Let me know these items and we can further troubleshoot your buffering issue.
Thanks!
[/size][/quote]

Let’s see…

1. Running Windows 7 Professional, SP1, version 6.1.7601

2. This issue occurs in all browsers. All browsers are up to date.

3. The issue is choppy playback. Episodes only seem to play for a few seconds, then the buffering symbol comes back. It buffers for a few seconds, then plays for a few seconds, and then repeats. This issue is even worse when trying to watch HD.

4. I assume it’s the native player; the one I use when logged in, as a premium subscriber. It isn’t hulu I know.

5. Both SD and HD, but HD is worse.

6. Yes, I have updated flash and graphics drivers.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Woops forgot internet information.

1. I use Verizon Fios and I use a cable.
  2. Speed test shows I get 10 ping, 56 mbps down, 39 mbps up.

[quote=“spazzysam” post=173422]*SIDEBAR:
*[/quote]

[quote=“shadzar” post=173425]
Just a curious question to clarify. This means when watching on TAN ANO player and it is a Hulu player that appears to report it here. For all other Hulu related problems when viewing from Hulu’s website they should be reported to the https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,104409/ instead correct?[/quote]

Absolutely correct!

[size=4]If you have a problem with the Hulu player embedded on our website:[/size]
Please post it in the https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,39967/.
Fill out the usual Technical Issue Report, but be sure to specify that it’s the Hulu player. We will report the issue to the Hulu team and track it’s progress.

[size=4]If you see a problem with our content on the Hulu site or one of their apps:[/size]
(such as wrong video, QC issues or incorrect data)
Please post it in the https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,104409/.
Be sure to let us know what platform (web, mobile, Roku, ect.) you saw it on.

[size=4]If you have** technical difficulties with Hulu’s website or their Hulu Plus apps**:[/size]
Please report it directly to them: www.hulu.com/help

Thanks!

We know what you meant.

So I haven’t been registered all too long, perhaps a few weeks and for the most part everything worked all right. Few buffering issues here and there but nothing absurd until about 2 days ago. Figured it might be a hiccup or something because even the website was loading slow. Today though, the website loaded as per normal but the issues I was having still remain.

Quick rundown:

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, up to date.
Google Chrome version 36.0.1985.125 and I have not tried another brower.
I’m on Verizon FIOS 75/35Mbps. Speedtest is reporting 82/44Mbps for whatever reason. No complaints lol.

So basic issue is playback. Whether it’s HD or standard, dubbed or subbed, on any series what so ever, I get anywhere from stalled video with audio playback, or a perpetual buffering loop where it plays 5 seconds, buffers, then rinse, wash and repeat. However, if I log out and use the Hulu player, I have no issues. My Flash Player is also up to date. Sooo no clue unfortunately.

I wanted to point out a minor timing issue with an episode of Majestic Prince. It seems like Episode 1 ends before the credits fully display. The video just abruptly ends right as the credits start to roll. This only affects the dubbed version of the episode.
:huh:

The video actually lasts longer than that since a glitch happened when going into full-screen that allowed me to see past the ending time-stamp. I cannot reproduce that easily though. Anyway, let me know if you need any more info.
:slight_smile:

Not entirely sure If I am in the right area. However I would like to watch Anime here on the Anime Network on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I have never had this working, and would love to figure it out.
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
I have tried all the main browsers.

I am using wifi.
The speed on my computer (not tablet) is 50 Mbs. That will give you a general Idea.

I do not have a hulu account, and would prefer to remain that way.
Hope someone can help, would be a shame if I cant watch anime on my new tablet.

The issue that happens. None of the plugins I can find seem to make the videos play. Some browsers simply just sit on a black screen in the “watch Video” portion of the website. Some come up with a little icon showing that plugin is not supported. In all browsers the video never is given the chance to play. It will just sit inactive forever. Same with apps, Havent found an app yet that will allow these kind of videos to play. Hope this is enough information.

Only thing I know to work for Android devices is to install the Dolphin browser, change its user agent to iPad, and that should allow you watch stuff.

Still waiting on official android support.

Basic details we need:

Windows 7

FireFox and IE 11

Both

Cable

• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Server not found: rtmpt://ec2-54-211-61-103.compute-1.amazonaws.com:80/vods3?t=ef3a535a974e98c6d6cefacf066e1970b89e4732:1407201161

From my research, it appears the AWS EC2 Instance that hosts this is current in a stopped state, not sure whom controls this, but use this information accordingly.

Windows 7
Both Chrome and IE11
Same problems in both, also have the same issue on my iPad (mini with retina)
Internet - Fios and my PC is connected via Ethernet
Ran a speed test and have a 22ms ping and 17.59 mbps down 40.33 mpbs up

Tried to watch Tamako Market dub - video is not smooth and often pauses and then continues after a few seconds. Tried SD and HD, and also on my iPad and got the same exact results. I also tried some other videos (Little Busters dub and Ef dub with the same results).

I don’t have any issue streaming Amazon instant video, Netflix, Funimation, or Crunchyroll.