Anime Network Subscriptions Thread

Hey gang, we have a new email address to direct Subscription-related questions/issues to.

[quote]
[size=5][color=#400000]Need to make changes, updates or cancel your Subscription? Having trouble subscribing, or just have a question about Anime Network’s subscriptions?[/color][/size]

Email us at subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com and an Anime Network representative will take care of it!
In the email. you must provide us with the following information:

• Your Username
  • Your REAL name/name on the Credit Card
  • Contact email address
  • Contact phone number
  • Which subscription is this in reference to (online or mobile)
  • A clear & detailed description of your issue

If you have any other questions about subscriptions, feel free to email us or post them in the Anime Network Subscriptions Thread!

[size=3][color=#800000]NOTES:[/color][/size]

1. [color=#FF0000]DO NOT[/color] post personal information, such as your credit card or phone number, in the forums! A representative from the Accounting Department will contact you to get that info.

2. If you are inquiring about your mobile application subscription, please let us know which app you downloaded and what platform of phone you are using (ex. iPhone, Nokia, etc)

3. Anime Network cannot manage your cable VOD subscription - you must speak with your VOD provider. [/quote]

It has been over a week now, and I still have not been able to cancel my subscription. It really should not be this difficult. I was told my info was forwarded to accounting, but nothing happened. I will continue to send emails to subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com in the hopes that eventually my request will be honored.

hachaeva wrote:

Hey hachaeva, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. They will cancel your subscription, and possibly already did. You may just have time left from your billing cycle. You may want to look in your spam folder of your e-mail to make sure they didn’t get back to you already. One of the moderators will probably post a response to you tomorrow.
Slick

hachaeva wrote:

Your subscription has been cancelled by accounting, so you will not continue to be billed each month. You still have a day or two left from your previous subscription time. I’ll have to dbl check, but I think your premium access will expire either late today or early tomorrow.

Hope that helps!

I sent an e-mail on the 15th of May requesting my subscription be cancelled but have had no response to date - I would like confirmation this has been taken care of as my credit card is not being renewed and I do not want to incur charges from my bank for a rejected payment.

ReverendDan wrote:

Did you read the post right above yours?

This is new information just recently implemented for faster service.

Please try the email address of subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com with the information requested above and I’m sure that your request will be answered.

ReverendDan wrote:

You’ve been taken care of. Sent you a PM with details.

Ok, for some reason the links being given send me to outlook express, but do not allow me to actually send any emails, so I will ask here.

I have subscribed to VOD(AT&T U-Verse), but I was wondering if I had to subscribe to premium member in order to gain access to the videos here as well.

I’m also curious as to why it will only show up to 59 items(currently) on the on demand area under Action Zone. Is it scheduled to not allow more than a certain number at a time?

I know it isnt the place, but figured I mine as well just say it while I remember to actually come onto these threads.

You must receive a lot of requests for these anime’s, but figured I’d give it a shot while I’m asking questions and it gives the same email for most of this stuff… Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, Ryoni Kenshin: The Wanding Samuri(most likely spelled this incorrectly), all of these would be amazing to add to the service, most had been shown on Toonami while it was up, but had to be edited a lot, these would be amazing to add and would probably bring in a lot of old Toonami fans(like myself).

Ok, let me see if I can help any…

AT&T U-Verse Video On Demand and the Online Player here on this site are two separate things. So, yes, you would have to subscribe to the player here and become a premium member to see the anime here.

MrBoomba wrote:

Yes, we are only allowed so many hours of time each week on the ‘On Demand’. So each week some episodes drop off while new ones are loaded on.

We’d add them if we could, but Outlaw Star is owned by Bandai Entertainment, Tenchi Muyo by FUNimation, Trigun by Geneon, and Rurouni Kenshin by Media Blasters. (I’m sure if I’m wrong someone will correct me.) What we don’t own, we can’t play.

So… did I answer everything?

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]We’d add them if we could, but Outlaw Star is owned by Bandai Entertainment, Tenchi Muyo by FUNimation, Trigun by Geneon, and Rurouni Kenshin by Media Blasters. (I’m sure if I’m wrong someone will correct me.) What we don’t own, we can’t play.

So… did I answer everything?[/quote]

Mostly correct, though the original Tenchi Muyos were all by Pioneer/Geneon. The licenses for those have long since expired. Funimation only has GXP and Ryo-Ohki I believe. I also believe that Funimation recently rescued Trigun.

Regardless, these aren’t likely to ever show up on Anime Network. Even when they were actively trying to get shows from other distributors TAN had very limited success, with the exception of Enoki Films and Right Stuf. Companies like Bandai and Media Blasters aren’t generally going to want to support the streaming and VOD service for someone who will be competing against them for licenses later.

Also, any email link will forward you to an email program. If you want to use something like Yahoo or GMail, you will need to copy the link then paste it in the 'TO:" section on your message.

@SlowHand

That you did, thank you very much, and sorry for asking this stuff instead of sending in an email. Couldn’t find the dang send button after looking for it for 30 minutes… :blush:

@Dragonrider_cody

That’s rather shame, can’t say i’ve ever kept up with who owns who, so this is all rather new to me. &Thanks for the email thing, can’t say I ever use outlook express so hadn’t known if email from there was exportable to Yahoo.

I have a question regarding my subscription. I don’t want to cancel it or anything, but currently, I have it set to monthly, but I don’t really feel like paying every month for it, but I have no problem paying every 3 months or once a year (don’t bother asking my reasoning for that, because I don’t even know to be honest.) :stuck_out_tongue:

So I was wondering if there was a way to just change it to quarterly or maybe even yearly, or do I have to have it canceled first, and then wait for the current time to expire before subscribing again?

Thanks!
-Hornet

Hornet65 wrote:

No, you won’t have to wait. Just follow the directions below & specify that you want to change from monthly to quarterly or annual payments.

If you want to make other adjustments to your subscription in the future, just follow the same steps below or post your general question in the Anime Network Subscriptions Thread.

Hope this answers your question!

[quote][size=5][color=#400000]Need to make changes to your Subscription? Having trouble subscribing, or just have a question about Anime Network’s subscriptions?[/color][/size]

Email us at subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com and an Anime Network representative will take care of it!
In the email. you must provide us with the following information:

• Your Username
  • Your REAL name/name on the Credit Card
  • Contact email address
  • Contact phone number
  • Which subscription is this in reference to (online or mobile)
  • A clear & detailed description of your issue

If you have any other questions about subscriptions, feel free to email us or post them here!

[size=3][color=#800000]NOTES:[/color][/size]

1. [color=#FF0000]DO NOT[/color] post personal information, such as your credit card or phone number, in the forums! A representative from the Accounting Department will contact you to get that info.

2. If you are inquiring about your mobile application subscription, please let us know which app you downloaded and what platform of phone you are using (ex. iPhone, Nokia, etc)

3. Anime Network cannot manage your cable VOD subscription - you must speak with your VOD provider.[/quote]

I signed up as a premium momth to month member yesturday…and next to my name when I logged in was the word premium…now when I log in it says guest…what is up with that??? :frowning:

I think it’ just a glitch. Mine does the same thing, but after I go to either the “Watch Anime Now” or “The Shows” page, it changes to premium. See if that works for you.

Next time, questions should go here:

spazzysam wrote:

spazzysam wrote:

Thanks, I sent an email just now, so hopefully I’ll get everything set the way I want it.

-Hornet

Hello,

I went through here and found the contact e-mail address for questions regarding subscriptions for the online player and I sent my info with my updated credit card information with a request to confirm that the credit card info had been updated and I never heard back. This was more than 2 days ago. Can anyone help me? I don’t want my old credit card charged. I will get an overdraft fee at the bank if that happens. I really wish we had a page where we could manage our account and update it here so I wouldn’t have to go through this. Thank you.

Ok I received a response in e-mail and was told my account would be cancelled to avoid further charges on my credit card and I replied back and oked this. I see my account is still active. Would someone please make sure this is taken care of so I don’t wind up with overdraft fees at my bank? I want my account for the online player closed at this time. Thank you.

Hey there,
Your subscription has now been canceled, you can go ahead and resubscribe with your new credit card information. Thanks!

From Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network regarding a subscription error [for future reference]

[quote]TheAncientOne wrote:

[quote]I have tried 3 times to subscribe tonight, twice with Firefox, and once with Internet Explorer, and each time the following appears at the top of the screen after I click the “Continue to Review” button:
JView::getName() : Your classname contains the substring ‘view’. This causes problems when extracting the classname from the name of your objects view. Avoid Object names with the substring ‘view’.**[/quote]

I guess Anime Network doesn’t want my money. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have not found a “Help” or “Contact” link, so I thought I would try here.

akpoff wrote:

[quote]It was just a warning message for developers that slipped through.

Please try again.[/quote]

TheAncientOne wrote:

[/quote]