Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2013)

It appears that Penguindrum is only for SVOD viewers at this time.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=132185]

It appears that Penguindrum is only for SVOD viewers at this time.[/quote]

But it is a bit galling that an advert for Penquindrum shows up on FVOD at the beginning of this week’s episodes.

-Joe

I didnt get any updates this week. I know it’s week of new year’s eve an stuff just checking to see if there were any or not this week. If there were Im gonna go off on suddenlink =)

Yes there were updates, and in order to help you out and get your updates to you, I need your zip code.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=132185]

It appears that Penguindrum is only for SVOD viewers at this time.[/quote]

So, we get NOTHING new this month? Not even getting what’s on the schedule.

Slowhand, here’s something to add to your e-mails/report:

I don’t know if this is exclusive to DirecTV or if other cable systems are like this, but TAN VOD titles on DirecTV are limited to (IIRC) 22 characters. This means many title are truncated. It appears we got everything in an alphabetical list up to “Pr” (as in Princess Res XX) and are missing the following:

Psychic Squad XX
Someday’s Dreamers XXX
Space Pirates XX (as in Bodacious Space Pirates XX)
Snow Fairy XX (as in Little Snow Fairy Sugar XX)
Xenoglossia XX (as in iDOLMaster Xenoglossia XX)

Hope this helps diagnose the problem. Oh, and BTW, they’re still missing as of 10:00 PM CT on DirecTV.

for me, and should be every other user since they went national with the same menu system called “Navigator”…TWC lists with just random words sometimes and ever full titles unless about 15 chars for a title. slow would already know this having it, but for you and other users of your system here is a list of some of this weeks episodes titles as listed…

TWC title examples
- Bakamatsu 16

- Cluster Edge 17

- Golgo 13 43

- Infinite Stratos 05

- Xenoglossia 07

- Princess Res 18

- Someday Dreamer ...

- Space Pirates 16

- Phi Brain 17

- Snow Fairy 21

So some show a decent amount of title, others show the full title, some you get one word from the title, and ones like “Someday Dreamer …” you have to guess which episode it is or watch it to be able to report which one you got or trust the episode synopsis on VOD compared with the one here on TAN or another episode guide/summary of the series to know what you got.

(seems BBCode ordered and unordered list tags are not functioning in the preview, so hope the sample program list from this week comes viewable for reference.)

When they first had Princess Resurrection, DirecTV VOD used that full title appended by the episode number. The contraction is recent.
It lists Someday’s Dreamers 2 as Someday’s Dreamers 2xx.

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Everything is up. Just got back from magfest a little while ago.

Got This Week:
Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto 16
Cluster Edge 17
Golgo 13 43
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 03
Infinite Stratos 05
iDOLM@ster Xenoglossia 08
Dream Eater Merry 03
ef ~ A Tale of Memories 04
K-On (Season Two) 22
Penguindrum 01
Princess Resurrection 18
Psychic Squad 25
Samurai Girls 06
Someday’s Dreamers II Sora 02
Bodacious Space Pirates 16
Amagami SS 03
Eyeshield 21 31
Hatsukoi Limited 12
Hidamari Sketch x365 (Season 2) 04
Himawari, Too! (Season 2) 07
Kobato 04
Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls! 06
Mayo Chiki 06
Phi-Brain ~ Kami No Puzzle 17
Little Snow Fairy Sugar 21

Verizon FIOS - 13027

1/3 updates received
Amagami SS 3
Bodacious Space Pirates 16
Cluster Edge 17
Dream Eater Merry 3
ef ~ A Tale of Memories 4
Eyeshield 21 31
Golgo 13 43
Hatsukoi Limited 12
Hidamari Sketch x365 (Season 2) 4
Himawari, Too! (Season 2) 7
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 4
iDOLM@ster Xenoglossia 7
Infinite Stratos 5
K-On!! (Season 2) 22
Kobato 4
Little Snow Fairy Sugar 21
Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls! 6
Mayo Chiki 6
Penguindrum 1
Phi-Brain ~ Kami No Puzzle 17
Princess Resurrection 18
Psychic Squad 25
Samurai Girls 6
Someday’s Dreamers II Sora 2

1/3 update not received
Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto 16

Thanks

It’s not just the preview.

See Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network.

**Update to Updates Received/Not Received 1/4/12 from TWC //Albany, NY//12203 **

The good news: Apparently, they did a total reload of the system some time after 5 AM Sunday morning, so now we have Anagami SS 3 and Bakumatsu 16 along with all the other scheduled updates.

**The bad **(but irrelevant to everyone else, so you don’t have to waste time reading it) news: The reason they had to do the total reload was because the whole cable system went down locally Saturday night/early Sunday–the one night this week when my schedule had some free time to actually watch anime. Ah, well…

Thanks,

Jababbi

Psychic Squad
Snow Fairy Sugar
Someday’s Dreamers 2
Bodacious Space Pirates
Xenoglossia

All remain without updates. Is this going to be a repeat of what happened last May-July?

[quote=“Capt_Hitsugaiya” post=132268]Psychic Squad
Snow Fairy Sugar
Someday’s Dreamers 2
Bodacious Space Pirates
Xenoglossia

All remain without updates. Is this going to be a repeat of what happened last May-July?[/quote]

Hopefully not, but I turn the report in this afternoon, so we’ll see.

So, while talking to what I feel was the most clueless Tier-2 tech ever, I found that AT&T has this upcoming Thursday shows in their system already. Didn’t push to see what episodes they have.

DirecTV Montgomery MN 56069

Interesting that the problems are all alphabetically related. The first 2 shows alphabetically were late and the last 5 shows alphabetically, are still no shows. :wink: FYI, the missing shows are missing on my Android DirecTV scheduling app too.

[size=5]CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136[/size]

[size=4]01/03/2013 UPDATES:[/size]
All updates received with the exception of Infinite Stratos 05

Directv Essex,IL 60935
Same here.

[quote=“falingtrea” post=132288]DirecTV Montgomery MN 56069

Interesting that the problems are all alphabetically related. The first 2 shows alphabetically were late and the last 5 shows alphabetically, are still no shows. :wink: FYI, the missing shows are missing on my Android DirecTV scheduling app too.[/quote]

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Verizon FIOS - 13027

All updates now received.

Thanks