Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2016)

@gymanime

“Waiting on callback” - means that Anime Network rep has called your provider about the issue, but they haven’t called back with an update yet.

Also, please don’t post several replies in a row, use the edit post (pencil icon at the bottom of the post in the “,”).

Azumanga Daioh #12 was added last Monday/Tuesday if I remember correctly and as stated prior most of the other missing or skipped over titles were added within 24 to 72 hours of my notifying you via forum.

Again thank you for you responses and prompt fixes to the missing titles

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 8/25/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

“All scheduled episodes received, including the first episode of Is the Hors d’Oeuvre a Rabbi?, the spinoff from Food Wars where Soma and his fellow Toutsuki Culinary Academy students join forces with a band of Hasidic Kabbalists and their mecha-golems to battle an invasion of cannibal demons from the Tokyo Subway system and–what was that? Oh. Yes, I see.”

“Sorry, it seems that’s a different show. This one is a heartwarming show about a coffee shop. A coffee shop run by cute cannibalistic middle school girls who warm the hearts in an oven set to 350 degrees and–ow! What was that for? You didn’t have to hit me!”

Yes, I did.
My apologies, guys. Never mind…

The long version:

Received:

Beautiful Bones 6

DRAMAtical Murder 11

Food Wars! 17

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 9

HaNaYaMaTa 3

Hayate I 45

Is the Order a Rabbit II 1

La Corda–Blue Sky 2

Monster Musume 4

Patlabor 8

Rin-ne 6

To Loveru Darkness II 7

Tsuritama 7

Waiting in the Summer 6

World Still Beautiful 5

Missing in Action:

None

Appearing Incongruously:

None

Notes:

1. I found an anomaly in TWC’s program listings for Gatchaman Crowds: while everything on Ye Olde Cutting Edge seems to be fine, on the fancy new On Demand Portal and Search function, everything after episode 5 is listed under Gatchaman Crowds Season One–there’s even separate entries for Gatchaman Crowds and Gatchaman Crowds Insight that come back if you search for the show. So episodes 6, 7 and 8 are listed under Season One, complete with the titles and blurbs from the corresponding first-season episodes 6, 7 and 8. Episode 9, which showed up just fine on Cutting Edge, has not shown up yet on the new portal listings, though everything else from the 8/25 ship has. Even from this far outside the loop, I’m pretty darn sure that the system pulls the program title and blurb from the bundled episodes. If so, that points to problems on AN’s side. Since this kind of Old School/New School mismatch also showed up in–and may have been the cause of–the “Nobunaga”/Nobunaga/“Punchline”/Punchline debacle, I think it’s worth looking into…

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m afraid that the window has closed on this episode. It expired on August 18 and cannot be re-pitched.

Reporting these missing episodes as soon as they occur will help us get them to you in a timely manner.

You should have received RIN-NE, Ep 7 & To LoveRu Darkness 2, Ep 8, this week.

I’ll pass that other info on to Administration. Thanks!

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for August 25, 2016:

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation- 6 - "Bone 6: Asahi Bridge Irregulars!"
DRAMAtical Murder 11 - "Data_11_Fixer"
Food Wars! 17 - "Sensual Fried Chicken!"
Gatchaman Crowds Insight 9 - "opt-out"
HaNaYaMaTa 3 - "Girls’ Style!"
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 45 - "It Is Maria Appreciation Day! In February!"
Is the Order a Rabbit?? Season 2 1 - “1st Bunny: This Is My Self-Proclaimed Big Sister Whose Smiles and Flashes are Boisterous!” (FIRST EPISODE)
La Corda d’Oro ~ Blue Sky 2 - "Episode 2"
MONSTER MUSUME: Everyday Life with Monster Girls 4 - "Species 4: Everyday Life with a Slime!"
Patlabor The Mobile Police 8 - "Elusive Green!"
RIN-NE 7 - "Curse of the Rabbit Hutch!"
To LoveRu Darkness 2 8- "Danger!"
tsuritama 7 - "Painful Countdown!"
Waiting in the Summer 6 - "Senpai Has a Rival!"
The World Is Still Beautiful 5 - “Ring of Tales ~Part 2!”
(all received)

1 Like

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Not Received from 8/18/16 update:
Aoharu X Machinegun 6
Chivalry of a Failed Knight 8
Gate 19
Parasyte -the maxim- 17
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 8
Re: Hamatora 11
When They Cry 16
Angelic Layer 20
Azumanga Daioh 15
Girls Beyond the Wasteland 4
Haikyu!! Two 24
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 45
School-Live! 6
Space Brothers 86
Special A 20
Strawberry Marshmallow 9
Tsuritama 7
Waiting in the Summer 6
Wake Up, Girls! 6

1 Like

Sorry! As usual, easily distracted by bright shiny objects and my feeble attempts at wit (I write it down right on the sheet, and then somehow don’t type it in. Merde!)

Yes, I did receive Rinne #7 and To Loveru Darkness II #8.

As an aside, Gatchaman Crowds Insight #9 has shown up on the new portal side; like episodes 6 through 8, it’s listed under Season One, with Season One #9’s title and blurb.

Thanks!

1 Like

DirecTV Indiana 46544

Well, I don’t see any DTV reporters here yet, so I guess you’re stuck with me.
Full pull - everything’s here. Thanks to all who made it happen.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

It’s as theboyd29 says – full update received.

1 Like

###The September Schedules are now live.

Note to Free VOD users: Norn9, Ep 9.5, is a recap episode and will not be shown on VOD.

2 Likes

Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC J2R 2J4

Girls Beyond the Wasteland 04 is missing, everything else is OK

Suggestion : Can the AN Gods provide us with more Yamishibai for October / Halloween ? :imp:

1 Like

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

No Longer Missing from 8/18/16 update:
Aoharu X Machinegun 6
Chivalry of a Failed Knight 8
Gate 19
Parasyte -the maxim- 17
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 8
Re: Hamatora 11
When They Cry 16
Angelic Layer 20
Azumanga Daioh 15
Girls Beyond the Wasteland 4
Haikyu!! Two 24
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 45
School-Live! 6
Space Brothers 86
Special A 20
Strawberry Marshmallow 9
Tsuritama 7
Waiting in the Summer 6
Wake Up, Girls! 6

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

The 10 missing episodes from 10 different shows that were deleted a week early were never added. At this time, I don’t expect them to be added since they were scheduled to be dropped today from the Frontier menu. However, the last message I received from a contact in Executive Escalations at Frontier today indicated they were still planning to work with the Anime Network to add these episodes - I noted in my email response this does not seem to be a practical approach.

The good news is this week’s new episodes have been added with no more surprise deletions. However, I’m guessing there are a few new episodes missing since the following shows only have 3 episodes listed on the menu.

Girls Beyond the Wasteland - menu lists Eps 02-04, missing new ep 05?
Re: Hamatora - menu lists Eps 08-10, missing new ep 11?
School Live! - menu lists Eps 03-05, missing new ep 06?
Space Brothers - menu lists Eps 83-85, missing new ep 86?
Special A - menu lists Eps 17-19, missing new ep 20?

Let me know if there are any updates from your contacts working with Frontier. Also, can you confirm if the shows listed above should have new episodes this week? Thank you.

1 Like

@anime2461

I think you can check this page to see what needs to be there: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Anime/Schedule/On-Cable/Verizon-FiOS

1 Like

I appreciate the link as it was very helpful. Based on the shows listed for addition this week, the following shows are missing from the Frontier menu.

Girls Beyond the Wasteland - Frontier menu lists Eps 02-04 so Ep 04 was actually added a week early (on 8/18 rather than 8/25) while Ep 01 was deleted prematurely and should still be on the menu until 9/1.

Re: Hamatora - missing new ep 11
School Live! - missing new ep 06
Space Brothers - missing new ep 86
Special A - missing new ep 20

Thank you.

1 Like

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

8/25/2016 UPDATES:
All updates received.

8/4/2016 UPDATES MISSING:
Hayate 42
School-Live 03

1 Like

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back:

2 Likes

Eastlink TV

Aug 04
All Received

Aug 11
All Received

Aug 18
All Received

Aug 25
All Received

1 Like