Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2018)

@Slowhand

Yes

Same current status as @SpaceCobraJoe

2 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 4/26/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version: Six shows times two episodes plus two shows times one episode equals fourteen shows equals all episodes.

While that’s a pretty paltry number,

the thought of tracking 123 episodes a la Renton and MaouSadou makes the heart quail. As does the thought of tracking and reporting on twenty-some misfits tracking 123 episodes, a la Slowhand.

I still think I’d like some more episodes, though.

Thanks!

2 Likes

123 episodes?

At the moment, Comcast has 79 different series and 18 movies (19 movies on the X1 app)

If each series is only 1 cour of 12 episodes, that’s a total of 948 episodes x 2 (1 SD and 1 HD for each) equaling 1896 total episodes. Now at least 12 of the series are 2 cour and properly loaded, adding 288 more episodes, and K-ON has both seasons and the OVA’s in one folder so adding K-ON season 2 and OVA’s plus the extra wierd episodes is 62 more.

Then add the X1 app episodes, which are a whole different stream. There’s about 1000 more.

The rough estimate is 3,265 different selectable anime programs at the current moment.

Trust me. I feel bad for @Slowhand having to put up with my report too.

2 Likes

Sorry, just quoting Renton

2 Likes

Lol. It’s K :wink:

2 Likes

DirecTV, San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Scheduled for 04/26: All received

• And Yet the Town Moves 05+06
  • Black Bullet 13
  • Canaan 09
  • Engaged to the Unidentified 11+12
  • Gugurei Kokkuri-san 07+08
  • HaNaYaMaTa 09+10
  • HENNEKO - Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat 05+06
  • Unlimited Psychic Squad 05+06

Missing from 04/19:

• And Yet the Town Moves 03+04
  • Atelier Escha & Logy 12
  • Engaged to the Unidentified 09
  • HENNEKO - Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat 03+04
  • Unlimited Psychic Squad 04

Missing from 04/12:

• And Yet the Town Moves 02
  • Atelier Escha & Logy 09+10
  • Engaged to the Unidentified 07+08
  • Gugurei Kokkuri-san 03+04
  • HENNEKO - Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat 02

Missing from 04/05: None

Never showed up from 03/29 (expiring 04/26):

• Engaged to the Unidentified 03
  • Guardian Ninja Mamoru 10

Current episodes on Channel 1889:

Action Zone

Atelier Escha & Logy          07,08  09-10- 11,12-        -missing-09-10-12-
Black Bullet                     10     11-    12     13+       -missing-11-
Canaan                           06     07     08     08+
Unlimited Psychic Squad          ..  01,02  03,04- 05+06+       -missing-04-

Girl Power

Celestial Method              09,10  11,12     13.
HaNaYaMaTa                    03,04  05,06  07,08 08+10+

Super Happy Funtime

And Yet the Town Moves          ..   01-02  03-04- 05+06+ -missing-01-03-04-
Engaged to the Unidentified   05,06  07-08- 09-10  11+12+ -missing-03-07-08-09-
Gourmet Girl Graffiti         11,12.
Guardian Ninja Mamoru            11     12.                     -missing-10-
Gugurei Kokkuri-san           01,02  03-04- 05,06  07+08+    -missing-03-04-
Hentai Prince & Stony Cat        ..  01,02- 03-04- 05-06+ -missing-02-03-04-
2 Likes

Ok, @MaouSadao and @Jababbi

Currently there are now 136 available total episodes to watch, not 136 episodes of one show. AKB0048 HAS duplicates listed, see image below. Here are this of full/season 1 or 2 shows:
AKB0048 season 2 ep01 to 13 SD & HD
Busou Shinki ep01 to 13 SD & HD
The Familiar of Zero season 1 ep01 to 13 SD & HD
Little Busters! ep01 to 13 SD only
Unlimited Psychic Squad ep01 to 12 SD & HD

The rest of the episodes are shows that will roll off occording to the Frontier show guide on AN website.
I’d like to know how many more shows will be added and when will the AN show guide be updated to list what’s really available.

Again, I was in the middle of watching a series, updates don’t happen and then have to wait for Frontier to put the series back on a year or two later. But not this time, thank you HiDive. (Sorry for the rant, but it does get frustrating at times) :grin:

3 Likes

Oh sorry about that @Renton721 . I was joking around with @Jababbi somewhat.

However is AKB 0048 season 1 or 2?

Unfortunately, the schedule is at the mercy of the development team from the ANO website. Usually, it should be uploaded by the start of May.

Of course, if they don’t have it for Frontier, the Xfinity schedule should suffice.

Hopefully they get the folder system sorted out for Frontier. Having to go through all 2000 or so episodes individually would be a nightmare!

2 Likes

No problem, just wanted to clarify what I see. To answer your question, AKB0048 is season 1. Sorry , finger slip on smartphone :joy:

3 Likes

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Received from 4/26/18 update:
Appleseed
Black Bullet 13
Canaan 9
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 4
Unlimited Psychic Squad 5 and 6
HaNaYaMaTa 9 and 10
Glasslip 5 and 6
Godannar 23 and 24
Gugure! Kokkuri-san 7 and 8
HENNEKO - Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat 2
Humanity Has Declined 4
RIN-NE 3 24
And Yet the Town Moves 5 and 6
Engaged to the Unidentified 12

2 Likes

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for April 26, 2018:

And Yet the Town Moves 5 - “The Amazingly Strange Toshiko Tatsuno!”
And Yet the Town Moves 6 - “The Pandora Maid Service!”
Black Bullet 13 - “The Ones Who Aspired to Be Gods!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Canaan 9 - “Flowers of the Past!”
Engaged to the Unidentified 11 - “Enjoying the Handkerchief!”
Engaged to the Unidentified 12 - “Do You Understand? I Understand!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Gugure! Kokkuri-san 7 - “Cat God Tama’s Love at First Sight!”
Gugure! Kokkuri-san 8 - “Ms. Kokkuri’s Miracle Hot Springs Search in the Steam!”
HaNaYaMaTa 9 - “Sister Complex!”
HaNaYaMaYa 10 - “Hot Spring Camp!”
HENNEKO - Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat 5 - “Goodbye, My Home!”
HENNEKO - Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat 6 - “Welcome, My Friend!”
Unlimited Psychic Squad 5 - “Strangers!”
Unlimited Psychic Squad 6 - “Darkness, Run!”
(ALL RECEIVED)

2 Likes

The entire 4/26 update has arrived. As far as I can see, there are no backfills to earlier weeks. I’ll post on that in detail later.

++PLS

2 Likes

Confirming that the entire 4/26 update is present and nothing from prior weeks was backfilled.

As I’ve send before, I consider that for most Anime shows a missing episode makes the show unwatchable.

There are presently 10 shows on DirecTV that can be considered current. That is, they were scheduled to receive an episode this week or last week.

Of this 10, exactly 1, Cannan, does not have missing episodes. So DirecTV has 1 watchable Anime. Of course, the problem is that to invest the time to start watching I have to believe that the remaining episodes will arrive. That has become a real stretch of faith.

++PLS
4 Likes

@jwelsh1 :heavy_check_mark:
@JDogK7 :heavy_check_mark:
@thboyd29 :heavy_check_mark:

Are you seeing the same updates as SpaceCobraJoe?

1 Like

Yes, I’m seeing the same updates as SpaceCobraJoe.

Funny thing though, when I try to download Engaged to the Unidentified 5 and 6, I can only download one or the other but not both. DVR says it’s already downloaded and ready to watch if I’ve already gotten one but not the other…

2 Likes

Don’t know. Let me look…
I’m back. Only one difference to report: I do not see Kokkuri-san # 7, which should’ve appeared April 26.

3 Likes

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 4/26/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

I’m also missing Kokkuri-san #7–but in my case, it seems to have been deleted. I definitely received it–or, to be a Fair Witness, at least an episode labelled “Gugure 07” that had the right blurb (I did not actually start the episode, so I can’t vouch for what was inside)–but it’s not here now, neither on Cutting Edge nor On Demand. It doesn’t seem to have been merged with Kokkuri-san #6 or Kokkuri-san #8, at least not in either of the two usual ways. As far as I can tell, it’s just gone. So perhaps you did receive the episode, but then it got deleted before you got to it? Might that have happened?

Thanks!

This Week’s Trivia Contest: I made a fairly obscure reference in the paragraph above. For 15 points, what is the reference and what is its source?

2 Likes

Mostly, except I have As the Town Moves ep 2, but not episode 1.

2 Likes

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:
NONE

2 Likes

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 4/26/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Kokkuri-san #7 still hasn’t come home. (Sorry I missed the report deadline again–Monday mornings tend to be…difficult.)

Thanks!

2 Likes