Anime Q+A

This thread is designed to get the inside story on your favorite titles plus your general thoughts and feelings.

You will get 1-2 questions a week and will be given plenty of time to respond. If you can help it, as we move along, please stick to the most recent question so the thread runs smoothly. So you will need to stay on top. You will also get holiday themed questions.

NOTE: To enable everybody the opportunity to respond the way they want, if a question I ask is gonna involve spoilers of any sort, No problem. Just spoiler what’s necessary. I might read them. :slight_smile:

If that wasn’t enough you will get special questions involving taking complete control. Those will fall under the headline “Make an anime your own” so be prepared.

Most importantly questions will be highlighed so they will be easy to spot. Alright let’s begin.

Question 1 (Week of October 25)
Halloween is approaching. Which horror anime gives you the chills?

Snowy Stampede wrote:

[quote]Question 1 (Week of October 25)
Halloween is approaching. Which horror anime gives you the chills?[/quote]

The Skull Man

For me personally, I’d have to go with Elfen Lied.

Snowy Stampede wrote:

Ghost Hound

Episode 4 really creeped me out, even the second time around.

Snowy Stampede wrote:

A little while back I watched the first few episodes of “When They Cry” (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) and that was um… interesting. So far it hasn’t been scary so much as creepy. I should really go and watch the rest of it. It can only get creepier right?

I think my favorite Halloween anime is Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek, but others give me chills as well - definately Elfen Lied is on that list along with Skull Man, Boogiepop Phantom, Gantz, Ghost Hound, Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, Requiem from the Darkness, Red Garden, Le Chevalier D’Eon, Gilgamesh, Pet Shop of Horrors, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, and of course High School of the Dead. I’m sure I forgot some too.

Snowy Stampede wrote:

[quote]
Question 1 (Week of October 25)

This was a tough question. I can’t think of an anime that actually scared me, but Grave of the Fireflies was creepy. Just the truth in it scared me just a little. Now and Then, Here and There was creepy as well. Again, the ring of truth in the story made you think.
Slick

Snowy Stampede wrote:

I wouldn’t say “the chills”, because being anime I just can’t connect it with reality, no matter how good the show is.
Nonetheless, there are some shows that have a nice creepy vibe to them.

[size=5]Doomed Megalopolis[/size], with its’ **The Exorcist **style creepiness
[size=5]Ghost Hound[/size], which gives off a cool, **Twin Peaks **vibe.[size=3][/size]

My “creepy” shows are Boogiepop Phantom and High School of the Dead.

Just watched CannibAlien, and that was disturbing in a few ways.

Can’t think of any that scared me. Now “Now and Then, Here and There” creep me out to the point I may never watch it again.

Question 2 (week of October 25)

Ghost Stories…you’ve heard them, it’s also a big hit on TAN. What are your thoughts on the paranormal?

I have a hard time believing in the paranormal. The thing when I was a child, one night I looked into the closet from my bed and saw a white head sitting on a shelf. It scared the hell out of me. The problem there was nothing in that closet that even remotely resembled a human head.

There was a time years ago I thought the lamp in my room moved. I freaked out. I didn’t remember moving it at all so it was difficult to explain.

Ghosts, poltergeists and the such? Nah, I don’t believe in spooks… However, I do believe in a supernatural realm-just not the one that Hollywood pushes.

Of course I believe in spirits! :slight_smile: But I agree with Newshawk - not in the Hollywood way.

Snowy Stampede wrote:

[quote]Question 2 (week of October 25)

Ghost Stories…you’ve heard them, it’s also a big hit on TAN. What are your thoughts on the paranormal?[/quote]

The’re here…

Who you gonna call?

It’s a g-g-g-g-g…girl!

For some reason the question this week is gonna trigger a rather awesome discussion.

Question 3 (week of November 1)

Which mecha anime has the best robot(s)?

My favorite mecha anime is 08 MS Team. I think it had the most realistic depiction of giant robots in anime. Also I love the mecha of the original Gundam series.

I like the 8th MS team ones, and the ones from Full Metal Panic. However, the best will have to be the mecha in the story I am writing >.>