Cowboy Bebop Live-Action

I hope they decide to continue it!

Iron Horse Cinema to Release a Fan-Made Cowboy Bebop Live-Action Project

Mar 3rd 2016

June 6, 2017 7:00am

1 Like

Netflix Produces Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Series

posted on 2018-11-28 00:37 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda
10 episodes with anime director Shinichiro Watanabe as consultant, Sunrise staff as executive producers

December 12, 2018

Canonically, is Jet Black actually black?

So Spike, Faye, Vicious, and Julia can be 20-37 years old, and Jet Black can be 34-53 years old, but Radical Ed must be exactly 14 years old? :thinking: :confused:

Also, they’re casting Vicious and Julia when this is only going to be a 10 episode series? Won’t that be pretty rushed? As I recall, in the anime those characters only really came out in the final episodes, and weren’t there for the bulk of the show for all the episode-of-the-week hijinks?

1 Like

So maybe they’ll do away with the episode of the week hijinks and get at the meat of the series, plus more than likely each episode with be +/-50 min. - about 2 1/2 episodes of the anime. Or like the anime they may be teased in the live-action for a potential 2nd season if it gets the views/subscriptions.

:thinking:

1 Like

That’s pretty likely, I agree. It’s also concerning as many of these Netflix shows that I’ve seen go for episodes that are 50+ minutes long wind up with bloated episodes that seem to drag on too long.

From what I remember, basically every Bebop episode goes: the crew is flat broke, they take a bounty and, just before making a big windfall, zany hijinks ensue, causing them to wind up broke all over again. I wonder how Netflix will handle that without the pacing slowing down or it seeming too repetitive.

…why isn’t Netflix making another Bebop anime?

1 Like

They should… :wink:

April 4, 2019

Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Series Casts John Cho as Spike Spiegel

April 04, 2019 11:25am CDT
Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda, and Alex Hassell join Cho in lead roles

Nowadays I hear a lot of flak directed at Hollywood for not casting appropriately, based on race and disability of the characters portrayed.

For example, The Upside was lambasted because Bryan Cranston isn’t actually quadriplegic. And of course, Ghost in the Shell was savaged because ScarJo isn’t Asian.

So now, I’m confused about this casting as Jet Black’s actor is not missing an arm, Faye Valentine’s isn’t Asian, and Spike’s isn’t a Martian.

Shame on you Netflix, shame.

1 Like

Well NetFlix didn’t wan to whitewash an anime, even though the anime itself makes everyone from 20s era American but set in the future, Dick Tracy, and all those people… so they had to cast a variety of skin colors and countries of origin.

When i first heard of a Live-Action Cowboy Bebop i figured it would be CrunchyRoll behind it looking at the cast, probably headed by the High Guardian Spice krew, but it seems it is instead headed by the She-Ra and Princess of POWAH crew instead.

people too pathetic to create their own worlds and works, and just “diversify” everything they can put there hands on what has a fanbase, because fans shouldn’t be allowed to have anything, those filthy dirty Asians for not having every show full of :people of color: but having all “white people” in them.

DBE, and GitS was bad enough, and I think there was a failed Death Note also… now Cowboy Bebop gets thrown onto the pile of Hollywood screws up other peoples cultures to be able to claim the moral high-ground in the west against whites.

can i coin the term “West-washing” for what these SJWs are doing to anime and gaming now from the East for al these years? which is actually worse than when it began with 4kids removing the one and only black pirate from One Piece.

Calling it now, Edward will be a boy and Ein will be a sugar glider.

if these people dont like the IP they are working with, then why are they even working with it in the first place?

:question: :question: :question: :question:

Live Action “Cowboy Bebop” Casts Husky for “Ein”

April 5, 2019

When asked about concerns related to fan backlash, Netflix’s spokesperson replied with “Just like the genre the show is named for, sometimes it’s better to do what’s unexpected, what’s never been done before. (sic) This is the ethos of Bebop, and we’re being true to that. We’re confident true fans of the show will embrace this choice.”

Netflix is aware that it is remaking this, right? :rofl:

…I’m also not buying this “True Fans” argument: I didn’t like how Netflix’s Lost in Space turned Doctor Smith from a complex character into a one-dimensional psycho, but I’ve still got my LiS fan card right here, Netflix hasn’t come to collect it yet :roll_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

it doesnt matter what it is, you arent a real fan unless you blindly buy everything with the brand’s name on it.

Star Wars, Star Trek, She-Ra, Ghostbusters, Cowboy Bebop and every other live action remake of anime… they just want to capitalize on the popularity of the name, and the fans should just accept any new thing they throw the name on to.

That isn’t how a fanbase works.

Fans don’t want remakes or reboots. it sort of worked for FMA, but it wasn’t really a remake or reboot, just a different universe i guess? But Cowboy Bebop can only work within its own scope. it could go beyond the final 3 episods so the syndicate and farewells arent had for the adventures to continue, but

didnt work for Star Wars: The Last Jedi or Rian Johnson, and it turned She-Ra into gay “shipping” fanfic. that isn’t really appropriate for the age range it claims is its target audience.

fans like something because what it does. Cowboy Bebop already did something that “wasnt done before” that is what made it stand out. changing that then what are you really making? :thinking: why are you putting the name “Cowboy Bebop” on it?

Ein is a corgi.

Mainstream viewers and normies don’t want fanfic, they want the original content. “TV” isn’t Comiket. Doujinshi won’t sell on “TV” to the masses.

John Cho Shows Off Spike Spiegel-Like Hair in Recent Selfie

posted on 2019-06-21 15:45 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge

Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Producer Confirms Ein as a Welsh Corgi

posted on 2019-08-07 19:45 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge

1 Like

Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Series Casts Elena Satine as Julia

posted on 2019-08-22 14:54 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
Cast also includes John Cho, Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda, Alex Hassell

1 Like

It’s not too late for Netflix to just cancel this.

Alternatively, it’s not too late for Japan to Just Say No.

Is there any reason to have hope that Netflix will not turn this into a travesty?

Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Cast Currently Prepping in New Zealand

posted on 2019-09-04 14:45 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge