Favorite Other Quotes

Police Detective: Do you admit to cutting off his head, yes or no?
Ichabod: Nooo. First I shot him, then he rose back up. Cutting off his head seemed the next logical step.

–Sleepy Hollow

How can we win when fools can be kings?

Muse – Knights Of Cydonia

Howard: Wait. Wait. If it wasn’t for Indiana Jones, the ark would never have ended up at the warehouse!
Sheldon: (gasps) That’s true! He collected and delivered the ark to the proper authorities for filing.
Raj: Like a hero.
All: Yeah! Right! Yes!
Leonard: Although, technically, Indy was supposed to take the ark to a museum to be studied. He couldn’t even get that done.
All: Aww.

–The Big Bang Theory

“If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun.”

Katharine Hepburn

“If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.”

Katharine Hepburn

“Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.”

Katharine Hepburn

“Never complain. Never explain.”

Katharine Hepburn

“Enemies are so stimulating.”

Katharine Hepburn

Coulson: Have you seen Skye?
Ward: Not since weapons training.
Coulson: She stop saying ‘bang’ when she pulls the trigger?
Ward: Mostly. Now if she can just learn the difference between the safety release and the magazine release, we’ll be making real progress.

–Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Soon… Crassus will give command and we will face his legions in open battle. We stand in the shadow of the greater might as their Republic cast across the lives of every man, every woman, and every child condemned to the darkness of slavery. Forced to toil and suffer so that those of coin or position could see their fortunes grow beyond need or purpose. Let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth. And, those that seek to place heal on the throat of liberty will fall to the cry of freedom!

Spartacus – Spartacus: War of the Damned

“This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him.”

Conan O’Brien

“I love the spirit of Halloween and the energy that comes with it.”

Katharine McPhee

“But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.”

Evan Peters

“There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.”

Colette

“I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”

Henry David Thoreau

“Where there is no imagination there is no horror.”

Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

“There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”

George Carlin

“Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I always go all-out with my costumes.”

Ginnifer Goodwin

“I am unusually Halloween-attentive, because, as it happens, I was born on Halloween, so for me it has always been an occasion of great moment.”

Susan Orlean

“Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. I have a strict rule: I don’t work on Halloween and I won’t travel on Halloween. Not for any reason.”

Simon Sinek

“I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.”

Author Unknown

“Studio 54 made Halloween in Hollywood look like a PTA meeting.”

Lorna Luft

“There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world.”

Jean Baudrillard

“It’s said that All Hallows’ Eve is one of the nights when the veil between the worlds is thin - and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright.”

Erin Morgenstern

“Seems like Americans just want it to be Halloween all year. The holiday just keeps getting more popular.”

Amity Shlaes

“I was kind of a dark kid. I loved Halloween, and I loved vampires and the black and white old monster movies.”

Joe Manganiello

“Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days.”

Author Unknown

“Halloween is huge in my house and we really get into the “spirits” of things.”

Dee Snider

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.”

Joseph Conrad

“Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to.”

Richard Harris Barham

“If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost.”

Lloyd Douglas

“They that are born on Halloween shall see more than other folk.”

Saying of unknown origin

Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model.

–Vincent van Gogh