Favorite Other Quotes

When your enemies are making mistakes… don’t interrupt them.

Billy Beane – Money Ball

“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

Marilyn Monroe

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

Dr. Seuss

“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.”

Oscar Wilde, from “A Woman of No Importance”

“I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.”

Jon Stewart

“Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.”

Erma Bombeck

“Thanksgiving Day, a function which originated in New England two or three centuries ago when those people recognized that they really had something to be thankful for – annually, not oftener – if they had succeeded in exterminating their neighbors, the Indians, during the previous twelve months instead of getting exterminated by their neighbors, the Indians. Thanksgiving Day became a habit, for the reason that in the course of time, as the years drifted on, it was perceived that the exterminating had ceased to be mutual and was all on the white man’s side, consequently on the Lord’s side; hence it was proper to thank the Lord for it and extend the usual annual compliments.”

Mark Twain

“I like football. I find its an exciting strategic game. Its a great way to avoid conversation with your family at Thanksgiving.”

Craig Ferguson

“I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual… O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.”

Henry David Thoreau

“I always think it’s funny when Indians celebrate Thanksgiving. I mean, sure, the Indians and Pilgrims were best friends during the first Thanksgiving, but a few years later, the Pilgrims were shooting Indians. So I’m never quite sure why we eat Turkey like everybody else.”

Sherman Alexie, from “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian”

Dorian: Did you just hang up on Captain Maldonado?

Detective John Kennex: Yeah… boring conversation anyway.

Dorian: I just love how you wear your insubordination like it’s a virtue.

[size=4]Detective John Kennex & Dorian – Almost Human[/size]

Try to keep your stupid to a minimum.

Miles Matheson – Revolution

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”

Albert Einstein

“If one day speed kills me, don’t cry because I was smiling”

-Paul Walker

I know this is irrelevant to most of these other quotes but in honor of my favorite actor’s recent death, I felt this was necessary.

[quote=“Oracle” post=155669]“If one day speed kills me, don’t cry because I was smiling”

-Paul Walker

I know this is irrelevant to most of these other quotes but in honor of my favorite actor’s recent death, I felt this was necessary.[/quote]

This thread is for any of your favorite quotes, other than anime. It’s a beautiful quote and fits right in.

“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

Dr. Seuss

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

Mae West

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

–Edmund Burke

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Cicero

“The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women.”

Waylon Jennings

“Did she put her tongue inside?”

Haru-haru

“There is a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t’would be a pity to damage yours.”

Westley