Funimation News

Double down, and that’s a really good thing.

3 Likes

Nothing really saying I need it .

1 Like

Dr. Stone has been removed from the Funi October slate.

2 Likes

Funimation Streaming Schedule - August thru October, 2020

2020-08-01T05:00:00Z

*Just a heads up Funimation will be closing their Forums on August 12, 2020, They have a discord server set up here: https://discord.com/invite/funimation

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

Treat everyone in this server as you would like to be respected. This includes but is not limited to the use of racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic and religious slurs

In light of what is going on with the AniMemes subreddit, that gets the “big oof” and the “bad optics”.

These two sentences also seem to be at odds to me as what if you use supposed slurs (remembering that hundreds, if not thousands, of common words are considered “slurs” now) because you want to have slurs slung back at you?

Like the always-hilarious barbershop scene from Clint Eastwood’s Gran Torino?

https://discord.com/invite/funimation

1 Like

Well since All these anime community forums R losing its grap on the online board
I might stay a while on TAN a lil long until it closes and gets a discord

NEW SUMMER ANIME | Summer 2020 First Impressions

1 Like

Funimation November 2020 Solicitations

August 14, 2020
(Funimation Shop links)

November 3, 2020

Actors: Songs Connection

Actors: Songs Connection The Complete Series - BD
Languages: English, Japanese with English Subtitles
Special Features: Character Promo Videos / Saku Otonomiya / Sosuke Kagura / Uta Outa / Promo Videos / Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song ver. 1 / Textless Closing Song ver. 2 / Textless Closing Song ver. 3

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Z 4:3 Steelbook - Season 1 - BD
Special Features: Textless Opening Song / Textless Ending Song

Dragon Ball Z Season 2 Steelbook Blu-Ray
Special Features: Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interviews with Christopher R. Sabat and Sean Schemmel / Justin Cook Shares His Headshot Collection / Textless Opening and Closing Songs

Dragon Ball Z 4:3 Steelbook - Season 3 - BD
Special Features: Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Gen Fukunaga / Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with John Burgmeier / Look Back at the Hummer Tour: With Sonny Strait / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Magical Girl Raising Project

Magical Girl Raising Project The Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Promo Videos / Web Previews / Nemurin Messages / Textless Opening Song “Sakebe” / Textless Closing Song “DREAMCATCHER”

Special 7

Special 7 Special Crime Investigation Unit Blu-Ray
Special Features: Promo Video / Textless Opening and Closing Songs

November 10, 2020

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo - LE
Special Features: Promo Videos / Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
The Complete Series - BD

Special Features: Promo Videos / Commercials / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou The Complete Series - BD

My Hero Academia S3

My Hero Academia Season 3 - BD
Special Features: My Hero Academia at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with Yuki Hayashi / My Hero Academia at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with Daiki Yamashita / Inside the Episode / Kota / Drive It Home, Iron Fist!!! / From Iida to Midoriya / One For All / My Hero Academia: Outtakes Reel / Promo Videos / Commercial Collection / Textless Opening Song “ODD FUTURE” / Textless Closing Song “UPDATE” / My Hero Academia: Conversation with the Cast / My Hero Academia: Outtakes Reel / Inside the Episode / Create Those Ultimate Moves / A Talk About Your Quirk / Promo Videos / Commercials / Textless Opening Song “Make my story” / Textless Closing Song “Longhope Philia” / Trailers

One Piece

One Piece Season Ten, Voyage Three
Special Features: Textless Opening Song “HANDS UP!”

November 17, 2020

The Ancient Magus' Bride

The Ancient Magus’ Bride The Complete Series - BD
Special Features: The Ancient Magus’ Bride: Those Awaiting a Star / Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Twitter Q&A: The Ancient Magus’ Bride Cast & Crew / Episode 8 Commentary / Textless Opening Song “Here” / Textless Closing Song “-cycle-” / Episode 21 Commentary / The Ancient Magus’ Bride at Anime Expo 2018: Interview with George Wada and Norihiro Naganuma / Trailers

November 24, 2020

Azur Lane

AZUR LANE The Complete Series - BD
Special Features: Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song ver. 1 / Textless Closing Song ver. 2 / Textless Closing Song ver. 3

The Testament of Sister New Devil S1&2

The Testament of Sister New Devil Seasons One & Two - Classics - BD
Special Features: Maria’s Secret Video / Textless Opening Song “Blade of Hope” Ep. 1 / Textless Closing Song “Still Sis” Ep. 1 / Maria’s Secret Video BURST / Textless Opening Song “Over The Testament Ver. 1” / Textless Closing Song “Temperature” / Textless Closing Song “Temperature” Ep. 10 / Trailers

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight

Ulysses: Jeanne d’Arc and the Alchemist Knight The Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 2 Commentary / Promo Video / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song / ver. 1 / ver. 2 / ver. 3 / ver. 4 / ver. 5 / ver. 6 / ver. 7 / ver. 8 / ver. 9 / ver. 10

RightStuf Links

2 Likes

Definitely getting the Cautious Hero LE

Miss Caretaker was really cute, that’s a probable pickup too.

Looking through, it’s already been a Year since SND combo set was released? Wow. Time flew!

1 Like

Pre-order:
Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious LE
Miss Caretaker Of Sunohara-Sou

Might get for space saving purposes once I get shelves .
The Testament Of Sister New Devil Seasons 1 & 2 Classics

1 Like

Nothing excites me, already have both LE’s for Testament and I’m already getting the LE for Demon Slayer that month, so maybe Ancient Magus Bride since I didn’t get it the 1st time around… Kind of hoping the Testament re-release is because Departures is coming soon.

2 Likes

Darn it . Forgot about that . Might have to cancel something I have pre-ordered .

1 Like

It doesn’t look like there’s anything for me from Funi this November :frowning:

Cautious Hero was all the hype, but I just didn’t “get” the show.

2 Likes

P5 the Animation most likely

3 Likes

1 Like

Funimation Announces Partnership with Viz Media to Bring an Expansive Catalog of Anime Titles to its Streaming Service

Sep 11th 2020

December’s Solicits are up (Or at least some of them are) but if it falls to pattern, this is probably it. December is usually pretty light on the releases as far as Funimation goes.

Entire slate is up @ Right Stuf

1 Like

Funimation December 2020 Solicitations

September 15, 2020
(Funimation Shop links)

December 1, 2020

Angels of Death

Angels of Death The Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Promo Videos / Commercials / Textless Opening Song “Vital” / Textless Closing Song “Pray”

Double Decker Doug & Kirill

Double Decker Doug & Kirill - The Complete Series - Essentials - BD
Special Features: Episode 03 Video Commentary / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Dr. Stone

Dr. STONE Season One Part Two - BD/DVD Combo - LE
Special Features: Dr. STONE: The Science Guys / Episode 24 Commentary / Textless Opening Song ver. 1 / Textless Opening Song ver. 2 / Textless Closing Song ver. 1 / Textless Closing Song ver. 2 / 152-page art book ft. Talks with the series’ science advisor, cast interviews, Senku’s notes & more! / 3 Character Keychain / Exclusive Art Cards & Stickers

Dr. STONE Season One Part Two - BD/DVD
Special Features: Dr. STONE: The Science Guys / Episode 24 Commentary / Textless Opening Song ver. 1 / Textless Opening Song ver. 2 / Textless Closing Song ver. 1 / Textless Closing Song ver. 2

Violet Evergarden 1: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll

Violet Evergarden Violet Evergarden I: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll - Movie - BD/DVD
Special Features: Trailers

December 8, 2020

Black Clover

Black Clover Season 2 Complete - BD
Special Features: Episode 56 Commentary / Black Clover: Fan Questions Answered by Cris and Dallas / Inside the Episode / Black Clover Highlights Episodes 52-54 / Black Clover Highlights Episodes 55-57 / Inside the Episode: Episode 61 / Episode 62 Commentary / Clover Clips Special Edition / Textless Opening Song “Gamushara” / Textless Closing Song “Tenjo Tenge” / Episode 64 Commentary / Black Clover: A Chat Among Kings / Inside the Episode / Inside the Episode: Episode 64 / Inside the Episode: Episode 67 / Inside the Episode: Episode 69 / Inside the Episode: Episode 72 / Episode 72 Commentary / Clover Clips Special Edition / Textless Opening Song “Scribbled Pages” / Textless Closing Song “My Song My Days” / Episode 76 Commentary / Episode 77 Commentary / Black Clover: Cris George & Clifford Chapin Discuss the Royal Knights Exam / Inside the Episode / Inside the Episode: Episode 75 / Inside the Episode: Episode 78 / Inside the Episode: Episode 81 / Clover Clips Special Edition / Textless Opening Song “JUSTadICE” / Textless Closing Song “Hanaga Saku Michi” / Episode 87 Commentary / Episode 89 Commentary / Black Clover: The Magic Knight Captains / Inside the Episode / Inside the Episode: Episode 84 / Inside the Episode: Episode 87 / Inside the Episode: Episode 90 / Textless Opening Song “JUSTadICE” / Textless Closing Song “against all gods” / Episode 92 Commentary / Episode 94 Video Commentary / Inside the Episode / Episode 93 / Episode 97 / Episode 99 / Episode 102 / Episode 98 Commentary / Clover Clips Special Edition / Textless Opening Song “sky & blue” / Textless Closing Song “against all gods”

Violet Evergarden

Violet Evergarden The Complete Series - BD
Special Features: Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song / Japanese Trailer / English Trailer

Violet Evergarden The Complete Series - BD/DVD Combo - LE
Special Features: Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song / Japanese Trailer / English Trailer

December 15, 2020

Ace Attorney S2

Ace Attorney Complete Season 2 - BD
Special Features: Episode 7 Commentary / Episode 15 Commentary / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Z 4:3 Steelbook - Season 4 - BD
Special Features: Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Matthew O’Hara / Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Daniel Mancilla / From the Vault: Goku vs. Vegeta Featurette / From the Vault: The World of Dragon Ball Z / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Dragon Ball Z 4:3 Steelbook - Season 5 - BD
Special Features: Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Sonny Strait / Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Meredith McCoy / Toei Tour: Raw Footage

Paranoia Agent

Paranoia Agent The Complete Series - BD
Special Features: Satoshi Kon & Susumu Hirasawa’s Paranoia Agent Talk Show / Paranoia Radio Audio Commentary Episode 11 / Paranoia Radio Audio Commentary Episode 12 / Paranoia Radio Audio Commentary Episode 13 / Director Satoshi Kon’s Hand Drawn Storyboards for Episode 1 / Trailer / Promotional Video

Paranoia Agent The Complete Series - Steelbook - BD
Special Features: Satoshi Kon & Susumu Hirasawa’s Paranoia Agent Talk Show / Paranoia Radio Audio Commentary Episode 11 / Paranoia Radio Audio Commentary Episode 12 / Paranoia Radio Audio Commentary Episode 13 / Director Satoshi Kon’s Hand Drawn Storyboards for Episode 1 / Trailer / Promotional Video

December 22, 2020

Akira

Akira Movie - 4K + BD - LE
Special Features: Akira Sound Clip (1988) / Music for Akira / Kaneda’s Theme / Exodus / Ethnic Meets Hi-Tech / Awakening / Mutation / Requiem / Director Interview / Storyboard Collection / The Writing on the Wall / Original Trailers / Original Commercials / Restoring Akira / Picture / English Voice Over / English 5.1 Audio Mix / Glossary / U.S. Trailer (2013) / Trailers

Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail Final Season - Part 25 - BD/DVD
Special Features: Fairy Tail Final Season: For the Love of Fairy Tail / Textless Opening Song ver. 1 / Textless Opening Song ver. 2 / Textless Closing Song ver. 1 / Textless Closing Song ver. 2

December 29, 2020

Case file n221: Kabukicho

Case file n221 : Kabukicho Season One Part One - BD
Special Features: Digital Gallery / Character Promotional Videos / Sherlock / Watson / Moriarty / Kyogoku / Mrs. Hudson / Mary / Lucy / Michel / Kobayashi / Web Previews / Textless Opening Song / Textless Closing Song

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - The Complete Series - Classics - BD
Special Features: Episode 1 Commentary / Episode 4.5 - Intermission / Episode 12 Commentary / Episode 8.5 - Intermission 2 / Episode 04 Video Commentary / Location Scouting 01 / Location Scouting 02 / Location Scouting 03 / Making of Music / “Even…if” Music Video / Promo Video / Textless Opening Song “Even…if” Ver. 1 / Textless Opening Song “Even…if” Ver. 2 / Textless Opening Song “Even…if” Ver. 3 / Textless Closing Song “yes” / Trailers

RightStuf Links

2 Likes