Hello all!

Looks like my post just had an epic fail due to the Chinese characters in it…thanks for supporting non-English text! haha.

Well, again I am 24 years old, I study Chinese history and language, I like to sing KTV, watch TV and Movies, Sleep, Surf the Web, etc.

It’s a pleasure to meet all of you!

Also I am always looking to meet new friends :wink: I have QQ, MSN, Yahoo messenger :slight_smile:

LOL! Yeah, the forum software they use doesn’t support many foreign characters. I’ve had lots of problems when copying Wikipedia entries on anime series. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here. I think you will find this is one the friendlier and more sane places to discuss all things anime related. We have a pretty good bunch of posters around here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome. It is a pleasure to be here! Look forward to commenting on the boards^^

Hello and welcome to the terrific TAN boards!! :3 It’s a pleasure to meet you as well. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it took me a while to find out what was going on with the non-english characters thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I hope you have a great time on here posting around and making many new friends!! But I do wonder, what are some of your favorite anime? :cheer:

Iron K. Tager wrote:

[quote]Hello and welcome to the terrific TAN boards!! :3 It’s a pleasure to meet you as well. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it took me a while to find out what was going on with the non-english characters thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I hope you have a great time on here posting around and making many new friends!! But I do wonder, what are some of your favorite anime? :cheer:[/quote]

Hey Iron,

You should check out my post in Fan-Made Media :wink:

I am a big Neon Genesis Evangelion fan. This is probably the only anime that I can actually quote phrases in but I have watched/read it so many times that its engrained in my mind :slight_smile:

Other then that, really open to watching anything. I am a big fan of Saikano (a la my post in Media), FMA is good, and Chobits.

Funny story. The first time I went to an Anime Convention a few years ago I walked into where all the distributors/sellers where and had a Hideki (Chobits) moment. The amount of Hentai in this place was CRAZY!!! I kept trying to avert my eyes and focus on appropriate things but it was EVERYWHERE!!! I never knew the US market had such a large spot for Hentai until that day. haha.

Hope your doing well :slight_smile:

Rei4Shinji87 wrote:

[quote]Funny story. The first time I went to an Anime Convention a few years ago I walked into where all the distributors/sellers where and had a Hideki (Chobits) moment. The amount of Hentai in this place was CRAZY!!! I kept trying to avert my eyes and focus on appropriate things but it was EVERYWHERE!!! I never knew the US market had such a large spot for Hentai until that day. haha.

Hope your doing well :)[/quote]

I hope you’re doing well too! :slight_smile:

I had a situation like that at my first Otakon, which was just last year ( :stuck_out_tongue: ), in which some of my most favorite release CDs were in a booth that consisted of troves amoung troves of yaoi manga and hentai hug pillows. “Just look at the CDs,” I kept telling myself. :lol:
I would say that it was lucky I had a cosplay on with sunglasses, but that would make it sound a bit more awkward. :unsure: The US sure does like it’s hentai from what I’m told… and seen.

I would say that it was lucky I had a cosplay on with sunglasses, but that would make it sound a bit more awkward.

haha, “Hmm, that person is wearing sunglasses and seems to continuously end up at the yaoi and hentai sections…we know EXACTLY what he is looking at”.

And from my experience I have never seen someone directly go up and buy these items. They kind of walk around for awhile and when it looks like nobody is watching swoop in and buy as fast as possible. In the “It’s not my fault I have an addiction” type of manner haha.

why hello there, i am kind of new myself and am looking foward to going to my first anime convention, hope i not run into it but oh well if i do. anyway it a pleasure to meet you… hope we can be friends.

shinmori wrote:

Oh don’t worry man, you will see it. And you will not be able to look away because it will surround you. But that said its a part of the experience so embrace it. I could not help but laugh last time^^

Welcome. Post often. Don’t be a lurker.

You’re new. Expect an initiation process

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5011/1325216065198.jpg

Outlander, you know the initiation process doesn’t involve torture anymore. That ended after Roy was locked in Slowhand’s chamber.
But yes; Outlander is right. Don’t be a lurker :angry:

i’m late to say hello and welcome but, HI!! lol.

outlander wrote:

[quote]Welcome. Post often. Don’t be a lurker.

You’re new. Expect an initiation process

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5011/1325216065198.jpg[/quote]

Ahh??? Initiation process??? Is it tough???

I am ready though! I will not run away, I will not run away, I will prove my worthiness to this forum!!!

Ohh, and I promise not to be a lurker :wink: I am too outgoing to lurk in the shadows :wink:

We will force you to look at a photo of our administator, Spazzyspam, and not have this reaction…

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1304/1321765262650.jpg

outlander wrote:

[quote]We will force you to look at a photo of our administator, Spazzyspam, and not have this reaction…

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1304/1321765262650.jpg[/quote]

:laugh:

I am ready to see Spazzy whenever^^ Have prepared my eyes for anything :wink:

Welcome to you! Hope you will join us often!

Welcome to TAN! I’m Newshawk, the lovable but cantankerous Otaku Grandpa of the group, a TAN Casting Sensei (along with LadyOfWicca, PretearHimeno and Mystic), the benevolent dictator of the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen game and compulsive list maker (not to mention the internationally-renown author of that classic in the making, “Bokuto Precinct of the DEAD”). You’ve made it to the best little slice of anime heaven this side of the Pacific!

I’m glad to see another NGE fan-though there’s plenty of them here already. I’ve seen the first two Evangelion rebuild movies on the big screen-definitely well worth seeking out if you can.

Oh, as for Outlander… he’s recently retired so he has way too much time on his hands. Just don’t look him dead in the eye or feed him after midnight (or is that get him wet after midnight? I can never remember.)