Miquel Fire's "Intro"

So, I feel after making 234 posts, I should make an intro topic… Very bad habit of mine actually. For some reason, when I join a forum, I post around like I been a member, and if there’s some intro thread (or forum in this case), I might make a post there.

I like red. That’s an understatement actually, considering a family member called my bed room the red room.

Don’t use my name to guess my nationality. I have no clue what my mom was thinking when she picked my name. Makes for a great spam filter when I pick up my snail mail however. Someone assumes I speak Spanish, I trash it. :stuck_out_tongue:

First anime I seen: Sailor Moon.

I’m pretty into computers. The computer I built at home was around $1200 when I added all that went into it. And that’s just the tower! That should tell you the type of power user I am. I’m also a programmer. Main focus is on PHP and SQL (MySQL and Oracle) on the server side, and Javascript/HTML/CSS for client side. BTW, my site is mobile friendly (Not really touch screen friendly though, unless you use 3DS/DSi or other device with a stylus)

Sub vs Dub? Both. When I started buying/renting anime DVDs, I just put it in and hit play, then later switch. I need to do that to the DVDs I bought since I subscribed to TAN’s VoD service back in February (March may be when I signed up for Premium on the site though, or at least started paying attention to the on-line only stuff). Heaven’s Memo Pad is sub for me however. Something about Alice’s Dub voice annoys me that it makes the show unwatchable.

If there’s anything else you want to know about me, just ask.

Nice to meet you. I think there is a funny fact that we both share in regards to intros, we both waited too long… LOL. I have done the same thing since becoming a part of TAN back in June. Oh well, I’m terrible at introducing myself I guess.

Anyway, very nice to meet you, and I give you compliments on the intro… nicely done. Now I guess it’s my turn… oh dear. :unsure:

Funny thing, I signed up in February. What month is it now? I like to think that as for non-VoD stuff I started that in March (might be why I got my date wrong in my intro post, I’ll fix that)

Hello and welcome to the tunicate TAN boards!! :3 Better late than never, they always say. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not too good with much of that technical stuff, but I’m guessing a $1,200 computer can play a shiny record or two; so, do you play many games on it, and which ones? :silly:

Anyway, I hope you have an amazing time on here posting around and making many new friends!! :slight_smile:

Yea, it can handle many games well, just don’t have time to play as much I use to, too much anime to watch :P. I’m in a position that I just need to buy a new video card once in a while to keep up. I can play Saints Row 3 at Ultra settings at a playable frame rate. The video card I originally had could only handle that game at low settings at 30fps. Monitor is a 1080p one, so make of that what you will.

Anyway, I’m on http://steamcommunity.com/id/MiquelFire/

When I built my current system, my focus was on the number of cores, so I had to get a quad core (was upgrading from a single core CPU). Thanks to a nice sale at MicroCenter at the time, I was able to get an i7 instead of an i5 for less money. The rest of the parts I spec’d out stayed the same however. Kinda wish I had went with the higher end socket so I could of gotten the 6 six i7, and maybe more than one PCI-E x16 slot :angry:. That happens when you try to build a budget machine… (Yes, I just called a $1200 machine a budget machine)

Welcome to you! It’s always nice to have new posters join us. Have fun!

Hey, Miquelfire.

A belated Welcome.

Thank you.

Hey careful Kyouta! Miquel is known to bite… well not as bad as outlander though! Good times… I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t bite unless I’m angry, and I’m very slow to anger.

Belated welcome

I bite…and often

Well Lumis. He said he doesnt bite Often like outlander.
Did you happen to get bit Lumis.

No Probelm. Miquelfire.

Kyouta wrote:

[quote]Well Lumis. He said he doesnt bite Often like outlander.
Did you happen to get bit Lumis.[/quote]

Let’s just say that miquelfire is scary when he DOES happen to get angry… LOL. Hope ya’ don’t mind Miquel? It’s all fun and games until someone gets bit. Wow… there is a lot of biting here at TAN… it’s the dark side of TAN revealed!
:wink:

[quote=“Lumis” post=131371]Kyouta wrote:

[quote]Well Lumis. He said he doesnt bite Often like outlander.
Did you happen to get bit Lumis.[/quote]

Let’s just say that miquelfire is scary when he DOES happen to get angry… LOL. Hope ya’ don’t mind Miquel? It’s all fun and games until someone gets bit. Wow… there is a lot of biting here at TAN… it’s the dark side of TAN revealed!
;)[/quote]

God damn stalker…

miquelfire wrote:

Yeah I know, stalkers are annoying! Hey come on now… I hope you’re not implying that about me!? I’ll take the telescope down alright… jeez. I’ll leave ya’ alone then. It’s all harmless fun and jokes… there’s no harm done… right? I hope not… wouldn’t want someone hating me.
:frowning: :whistle:

If anything, you gave me reason to be afraid of you.

Great, now I’m paranoid.

[quote=“miquelfire” post=131385]If anything, you gave me reason to be afraid of you.

Great, now I’m paranoid.[/quote]

Ah… come on now… That is just mean! I’ll do the next logical thing and blame the whole idea on someone else. (…) It was Kyouta’s fault!

Oh well… it was worth the laugh. Good times I guess… Lumis out. :laugh:

[quote=“miquelfire” post=131385]If anything, you gave me reason to be afraid of you.

“Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you” ― Joseph Heller

[quote=“Lumis” post=131386]

Ah… come on now… That is just mean! I’ll do the next logical thing and blame the whole idea on someone else. (…) It was Kyouta’s fault!

Oh well… it was worth the laugh. Good times I guess… Lumis out. :laugh:[/quote]

Think about it, a random dude on the internet ends up being spot on about another dude’s personality, to the point that seems as though that person might be someone the other person knows.