The Outlander Memorial Thread

It’s hard to believe that Outlander is gone.

It seems like I’d only just gotten to know him and had found a kindred spirit.

I’m at a loss for words.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I can’t believe this happened, I simply can’t believe it. Outlander has been around longer than I can remember, and it’s been the better part of a decade, if not more, since I first met him. He’s always been here, a constant force of wit and humor that I could always count on for a laugh. I remember the days when I was younger, still trying to carve out my wit with the best of TAN members, and Outlander being the king of a good laugh. He always made sure to include everyone in his japes, even if we were the butt of his jokes. He did so in a way that made you feel like a friend, and that you were welcomed here. He loved this place and all of us with it, and I’ll dearly miss him.

You were a Magnificent Bastard.

1 Like

The world is less without you, my friend.

1 Like

I’ve informed akatrini, Alita and Froggy. I wish I still had a way to get in touch with jackitsu… She’d want to know.

And might I add that looking over some old stuff on here and going on a trip down memory lane, Outlander’s Room of Retarded Tales was one of my favorite threads in this god forsaken wasteland. Some of what he wrote would have me literally shaking with laughter and it inspired me to add my own ridiculous contributions. He was hilarious in a way that urged you to try yourself. To be funnier, quicker, to make people laugh harder. He wasn’t just funny. He was f*cking inspirational.

1 Like

I have been trying to deal with this. Sorry, but I’ve been a bit of a mess the last few days. Outlander was a wonderful mentor and a very sweet man. He liked to hide behind a fake surliness and that fantastic wit of his. But for all his gruffness, Outlander was a real sweetheart and a great friend. My heart goes out to Mrs. Outlander and his family and friends, as well as his “sweet little girl”. His loss has left a hole in all of our lives.

Although I did not know him as long as some here, he quickly became someone I could talk to. His constant encouragement and support meant a great deal to me, as I’m sure it did for others here as well. I always looked forward to his posts and stories. He really made this place fun and lively. Outlander was one of TAN’s brightest stars and will forever remain so. This true original will always have a special place in my heart.

I was happy and proud to be one of his Tanettes. You were an amazing soul, Outlander and wherever you are now, I know that others there are currently enjoying that special sense of humor you have. You’re still making up those silly stories about us all, aren’t you? Here’s to the afterlife, Foxy Man! I will miss you!

1 Like

Stunned. I am absolutely stunned. I can’t say it any better than what has already been said. A man who used tongue-in-cheek humor to poke fun at everyone; himself included. Nothing was taboo for the man, and that was part of his endearing nature. His heart was larger than most, and he shared his humor and love of anime with everyone!

The world is a little less funny & our community is markedly quieter.
Our loss, however, is nothing compared to Mrs. Outlander.
We could all tell he loved her more than the world itself. . .

I will miss you dearly, and am very sad I missed Ohio’s Otacon with you…

1 Like

This is awful. I cannot imagine TAN without Outlander. He was one of the first to welcome me here and continued to make me feel welcome.

I cannot imagine what Mrs. Outlander is going through. He cherished her beyond anything. It was wonderful to read the things he said about here. If anyone was truly in love, they were.

There are no more words. It is too, too sad.

1 Like

Damn, this sucks. Outlander had a wit about him that I truly enjoyed. He was funny as hell, and he was kind enough to send me a fantastic piece of art I commented on a while back. He did this because he was a good guy. RIP Outlander.
Slick

1 Like

I have not been on here in years… YEARS, but I remember outlander. He was awesome. I will miss him. Thank you for tracking me down.

I have lost two very dear people to me this year already, my grandfather and boyfriend both died this year. It’s terrible. Grief is terrible, but I try to remember with them and with outlander… their lives were meaningful and beautiful, and in life who can ask for more? Just look at this thread. He left a deep impression on many people he never met face to face… and in a way it gives me comfort, of a sort, if that’s even possible.

I guess I don’t really know what else to say. He was an awesome dude who will be missed and I’m sad this is what brought me back to the forums. RIP pal. I hope your spirit is at rest. <3

1 Like

When Pretear called me to tell me about Outlander I found myself half crying and half laughing. Crying for the loss of such a dear man and laughing as all my memories of him came rushing back. He was such a huge part of what made TAN feel so special when I first joined. You weren’t really a TANette until Outlander harassed you. And it is a testament to just how charming and lovable he was that we all would have happily gotten into that sweet windowless van Pretear mentioned. So I will pour myself a shot of Crown Royal and offer him a toast: “To Outlander, the best, sweetest, dirty old man/closet romantic I will ever know. If there is a loli heaven…well you have probably already been declared its ruler. I will treasure my magical girl hat and wand of inappropriateness.”

1 Like

I don’t even know what to do.

Outlander was definitely the top funniest person on the forums, and for me, was my top mark of encouragement and inspiration behind my artwork. He always gave me advice and tips on how I could improve my work, and showed me so many different anime artists. His Anime Art thread was a place that I frequented the most, surprised, and amazed of his eye for technique and love for collecting such great work. When he posted a thread to get my attention to a speedpainting demonstration, and even more so when he contacted me just to get a special piece of art to jump`start my inspiration again, I was shocked beyond words, since no one to this date has gone so far in hopes of watching me excel.

And I look at my work, and I feel terrible. There’s still so much that I wanted to show Outlander. I wanted one of my first commissioned works to be from him. I really hate the fact that I haven’t been on the forums as of the past few months, and now it pains me even more.

I can’t really give them to you in person, but my works shall be made in your memory. I thank you for all that you’ve done to help me, and I hope you’re watching somewhere as I keep getting better. I’ll miss you, Outlander.

1 Like

I just learned about Outlander. Coming on the heels of losing my Holly makes this even harder. He was truly one of a kind. Rest in peace, my friend. You will not be forgotten!

1 Like

He’s gone. Such a fun and loving man I’ll forever never speak to again. He was a pillar of this forum and almost no one did not know of him or even interact with him. I’m sorry I didn’t talk to him more. I wanted to be as witty and playful as him and it was always fun to talk with him. I miss him and its already been a long time.

1 Like

Remembering Outlander on his birthday.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Outlander!

3 Likes

We miss you! Keep them Angels a hoppin’, you need a sammich!

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Happy Birthday,Outlander!

http://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/content/blog-posts/party-central/@content/boys-what-does-the-fox-say-party-centerpieces.jpg

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Outlander!

2 Likes

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/1472899_429797100482879_315010043_n.jpg?oh=06afbe62f3e7706a45f662fbc47d763b&oe=569A5197

5 Likes