Thread Archive: Forum Launch 2009-2014

As far as the emails go, you need to go to your profile and then click on Privacy. You’ll then see what to do.

Was running good and normal late yesterday.
Looks like it’s back to being slow again though.

Looking at the load times at the bottom of each page, looks like Recent Topics is the worst currently.

Main Forum Page:
Time to create page: 7.77 seconds

Recent Topics:
Time to create page: 12.74 seconds

Hitting the Reply button is pretty quick though.

Reply:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds

So, any hints as to when the back-blog will get republished?

1 Like

[quote=“Razmoudah”]
So, any hints as to when the back-blog will get republished?[/quote]

I’ll ask Rai today.

Hard to login when the fields for Username and Password are obscured.

Workaround: Make the screen narrow or very wides, so that Broken Blade does not obscure anything important.

-Joe

I’ve periodically had that problem myself, but my screen ratio is high enough that I can still manage to click in one of the fields so I can get logged in, and then everything displays correctly again.

1 Like

I’ve reported that also, along with a screenshot, but Rai tells me that it’s just me. Thank you VERY much for posting this! :cheer:

Well, I only get the problem with the login page, and not always just most of the time, and even then predominantly with my Linux box. I use Firefox 10 with both computers, so I doubt it’s the browser. My suspicion is just my ISP disrupting the page being sent to me (I’ve occasionally had pages load wacky on other sites, with them usually a refresh fixes the problem), though it could be a minor error on the host server’s part as well, as it does seem to mostly happen when the site is busy.

1 Like

[quote=“Razmoudah”]
Now, how much longer until the blog returns?[/quote]

Doesn’t look like the older blog posts are going to return. But everything since the update should stay.

I don’t even get that one when I click on the news link.

1 Like

None of the changes I try to make in the “About Me” section on my profile will save.

1 Like

Even after hitting F5 several times, I was still getting “file not found” for the Spoiler-closed image.
http://static.theanimenetwork.com//components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/pinch.png

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. <Error> <Code>NoSuchKey</Code> <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message> <Key> /components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/pinch.png </Key> <RequestId>0CDE6855442B6249</RequestId> <HostId> I7tY47FbH5jH1RD5nVsx2zMTstDN4AUSwZqIHjZCesDkMpVqyoRv492FUAOPngbs </HostId> </Error>
The problem went away after clicking on “Spoiler” twice to expand and contract it.

Forum Maintenance Tuesday 9/23

Hey everyone,

The forums will be offline from 8AM CDT Tuesday to 8 AM CDT Wednesday for maintenance.

During this time, if you need to report a technical issue with the online streaming service or video on demand service, please email us at info@theanimenetwork.com

We appreciate your patience!

Originally posted: September 22, 2014 @ 9:52pm

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s 8am-8am Central, correct?

1 Like

Good catch! Thanks!

1 Like

The new forums only seem to blur info put inside spoiler tags. This makes the spoiler information still waste space on the page for those who don’t want to view it and is really like the clunky “redaction” spoiler system on the ancient phpBB implementation that ANN still has creaking along.

How does one get the spoiler tag to actually hide the information, like it used to?

@celestial_being: Thanks for your feedback!
At present, that is how the spoilers work. We’ll add your note to the list of user suggestions/requests. Cheers! :sunny:

BTW: I’m going to close this topic. We’re making the Welcome to the New Forums! the place for feedback and questions on the new forums.

1 Like