Thread Archive: Forum Launch 2009-2014

Having problems with “New Posts”, first so small its hard to read and its taking me to posts I have already read.

1 Like

[quote=“Slowhand”]

[quote=“SpaceCobraJoe”]

[quote=“Razmoudah”]
I forgot to ask earlier, but what happened to all of the news/blog articles? They’re missing.[/quote]

Not only is there a big empty space on the front page, the only link in that large white rectangle http://www.theanimenetwork.com/myblog produces a nasty 404 message.[/quote]

I believe they’re going to do something different with the blog. Stay tuned.[/quote]

Well I hope that whatever they do we’ll be able to access the ‘old’ posts, as I try to work through one update at a time and I still haven’t finished the December updates set yet. I really don’t want to miss seeing a good feature film just because I couldn’t access that post when I finally made it that far through the updates.

1 Like

[quote=“Slowhand”]
I believe they’re going to do something different with the blog. Stay tuned.[/quote]

I’m all in favor of a new format going forward, but they need to make sure the old blog posts are still available at the old URLs.

That is for AnimeNewsNetwork, Wikipedia, and other external pages that were expecting permalinks to be permanent.

-Joe

We’ve temporarily unpublished the blog articles while we finish setting up & tweaking a new blog manager. They will be coming back very soon!

1 Like

[quote=“ShawnMerrow”]
Having problems with “New Posts”, first so small its hard to read and its taking me to posts I have already read.[/quote]

I have both of these issues on my list, Shawn.

This started last night, and I’m not sure what it’s actually blocking, but every time I refreshed the Community section, this would pop up.
I accidently clicked the Show Content button while trying to click the X, so I can’t see it anymore, however, it’s probably still there.

-edit-
After restarting my computer ealier, it seems to be back.
However, now that it’s back, I can check on it.
It looks like it has something to do with uploaded pics in the Recent Activity stream.

[quote=“The Coffee God”]This started last night, and I’m not sure what it’s actually blocking, but every time I refreshed the Community section, this would pop up.
I accidently clicked the Show Content button while trying to click the X, so I can’t see it anymore, however, it’s probably still there.

-edit-
After restarting my computer ealier, it seems to be back.
However, now that it’s back, I can check on it.
It looks like it has something to do with uploaded pics in the Recent Activity stream.[/quote]

That’s interesting, I get that with a lot of sites, but I haven’t had it here (yet). You have IE9, right, Coffee?

I’ve noticed that after I’ve visited a thread it does not reset. I can come back later, even after the browser has been closed (I use Firefox 10.0) and it will still show posts I’ve viewed as new. I have to manually mark each section (or the entire forum) as “read” to avoid this.

Ah, thanks, that’s a quick fix until they can figure out the long answer.

How do you mark the thread as read?
Slick

1 Like

I also have Firefox 10.0, but I haven’t had that problem. Although, since I’m usually on my Linux box on the site it might have something to do with that as well.

1 Like

[quote=“slickwolfie”]

How do you mark the thread as read?
Slick[/quote]

Good question.
There is a button to mark all threads in the topic as read, but not one to mark an individual thread as read.

The strangeness also shows up in Google Chrome; I believe it is a database problem, not browser specific.

-Joe

Strange, now I am having that problem.

EDIT: And after making that post the problem is gone again. Must’ve been a hiccup in the system (since it is most likely on the server side anyhow).

1 Like

[quote=“Razmoudah”]Strange, now I am having that problem.

EDIT: And after making that post the problem is gone again. Must’ve been a hiccup in the system (since it is most likely on the server side anyhow).[/quote]

Interesting.
I had read everything in the Announcements topic, and moved on to the VOD topic. After going back to http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,121/func,listcat/, it showed activity in Announcements; 17 new in this thread. But it was really just 1, this one from Razmoudah.

EDIT: Saturday afternoon - it reports 39 new in this thread. At the time, this thread has 38 comments to the original.

I run firefox 9 and I’m having the same problems with marking stuff read. Even marking all posts read, sometimes i can come back and it’s like I never hit the button.

also wanted to mention that the RSS feed is still down.

cim

1 Like

May have fixed this with the recent config adjustment. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know about other miscellaneous problems, but the forum is back to full speed now.

1 Like

Also have noticed that the speed has returned to normal.

1 Like

Still having a minor problem with the new posts not staying read (when someone else posts in it then everything I’d read becomes ‘new’ again), but otherwise no significant problems noticed.

Now, how much longer until the blog returns?

1 Like

I cannot see anyone’s activity on my profile page. I went in and unchecked several things under notifications because I kept getting emails about posts and old messages. Is this a glitch or is there something I need to change on my notification page? (II’m guessing the latter.)

1 Like