Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

Let you know the commuity area start to act up again due the speed is getting irregualr sometime it will load pages fine and some case it not due it will take up a minuite to load it up and some of the members in the commuity did hit double or triple posting so give you a heads up with it;

Merci,
Marc

UPDATE: at 13:00 CDT I did check the system and my cellline is not too bad just a slow side but land line that was really bad I do have AOL server and I do not know why but it took me more than 5 minuites to load up a page on commuity side and it got pretty bad and hit 502 error once.

Hate to bother you again but the commuity and the privite message system is running very slow on landline and with cell it is not too bad but still long delay and still have some diffuicallty to get into the commuity area.

Merci,
Marc

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
We’re investigating the issue.

Aside from the Community and the Forums, are any other parts of the site loading slowly?

[quote=“spazzysam” post=164944]Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
We’re investigating the issue.

Aside from the Community and the Forums, are any other parts of the site loading slowly?[/quote]

Sam.,

From time to time the shows do get hung up but not super often but if it get too often then I will report it.

Merci.,
Marc

Just want to pass the word that the commuity side is starting to get irreguar just few minuites ago and the landline took more than 3 minuites to load up a page but cellline is pretty fast useally 20 seconds or less but have someone take a look to make sure it is up to par.

Merci,
Marc.

Hello Marc,

Can you confirm what your average internet speed is on your land line connected internet and what the average speed is on your cell phone?

A reliable test source such as http://www.speedtest.net/ can help you find out that information.

Thank you,
-Mo-

[quote=“moisme” post=165080]Hello Marc,

Can you confirm what your average internet speed is on your land line connected internet and what the average speed is on your cell phone?

A reliable test source such as http://www.speedtest.net/ can help you find out that information.

Thank you,
-Mo-[/quote]

Mo.,

The landline is not too bad it is 28MS ping , 15.82 MBPS download , 1.07 MBPS upload but the cell is litte faster due I have international setting so it will little higher but simuair number but differnt servers.

I will do more testing little later when I get into hevey useage which it will be late afternoon.

Merci,
Marc

To reiterate what Frenchelectrican has said, currently at 9:00±PM PST the forum/community side of TAN is failing to load badly. I navigated to the main parts of the site such as the homepage and video pages and found that those loaded normally… 3-5 second response times. Though while trying to log in and peruse the forums I found myself waiting 45-60 seconds to see a response.

I also happened to get the usual errors as we have in the past…

• HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
• 504 Gateway Time-out
• Database Error: Unable to connect to the database: Could not connect to MySQL

I do not know how long this has been going on since I didn’t sign in until a few minutes ago, however my best bet would have to be sometime around 4:30-5:00PM PST was when this started. Why I say this is because all throughout the week it has started to slow down around those times. It makes sense due to the site traffic starting to pick up by then.

As of now, there are moments that the site is not useable at all and other times that the bottlenecking seems to pass. I cannot get a real grip on the intervals sorry to say. For the last few weeks starting on Friday evenings this starts to occur and progresses into the weekend. Honestly this is making me not even want to visit the site during those times. Thank you for hearing me out.
:frowning:

The toolbar is invisible; the following PNG does not show up:
editor/default/default.png >>>>https://www.theanimenetwork.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/media/iconsets/editor/default/default.png<<<<

With this background image being invisible, one has use OnMouseOver to find the “Preview Pane Below” button.

Google Chrome Version 34.0.1847.116 on Win-7

-Joe

Has anyone else been having loading inconsistencies the last week? I wouldn’t really consider it lag issues though. It is more along the lines of server communication issues. As an example when I visit TAN, I will usually keep 3-4 tabs open here in the forums and my profile page. When I go to refresh a tab, that tab will stay failing to load. When I refresh the next tab, it will load up quickly.

I even did an experiment and opened 10 tabs linked to various similar locations in the community and forums. When I would go to refresh the tabs one by one with a few seconds in between, 3-4 of the tabs would just sit failing to refresh and would endlessly load. The only way to get around it was to quickly refresh the tab 3-5 times. Once done the tab would load almost instantly.

The only other thing that seems to have started around the same time, and may be linked to this, is that the community and profile feeds are really delayed to update. I don’t know if anyone else has been experiencing this. Like I said, it is not the same form of lag that we normally experience. Let me know if you guys have any questions… thank you.
:huh::slight_smile:

Yes.
Going to the Fun and Games section on Saturday, tab one took 1.5 minutes to load, while tab two (opened 3 seconds after tab one) took 16 seconds. Tab three took less than 1 second to load.

For my entire session that night, only those two tabs were the only ones that took more than 10 seconds to load.

-Joe

I been seeing that as well.

4:04am Tuesday morning.
"Time to create page: 1.64 seconds"
Elapsed time: 34 seconds.

It’s that nagging Lumis again… LOL! I just wanted to let the administrators that it concerns know that the inconsistent loading issues are still persisting. For me, every 5 pages that I open do a loading loop for 30-60 seconds. If I refresh during these times, the page will load nearly instantly. There are some moments that it will take a few refresh attempts to get it to load in a timely fashion.
:huh:

Hey Lumis,

Are the slowdowns happening at a specific time of the day? Or is this occurring throughout the day?
Is the slowdown you are experiencing happening on specific pages? If so which pages are you experiencing this on?
Just a few questions :slight_smile:

Thank you,
-Mo-

Throughout the day, and no specific pages (I got it on a watch page today, but the forums are the only place I visit often enough to hit this)

[quote=“moisme” post=167313]Hey Lumis,

Are the slowdowns happening at a specific time of the day? Or is this occurring throughout the day?
Is the slowdown you are experiencing happening on specific pages? If so which pages are you experiencing this on?
Just a few questions :slight_smile:

Thank you,
-Mo-[/quote]

I thought that I should mention that, though I figured it was an update from https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,91633/limit,20/limitstart,660/#166382. :S Sorry about that, and it is just as Miquel has described as you already know. The loading inconsistencies have been steady for the last 2 weeks as well.

I’ll put in my two cents too.

Like the others, I get no steady pattern. Sometimes a page will load fine, sometimes it takes forever or a couple of tries. Sometimes I get a “Bad Gateway” message and sometimes I don’t. It’s all very random.

It’s happened to me in the forum, reading or sending messages, in the groups, or just loading the main community page. It happens when I load a page or it can happen when I try to submit a post as well.

It used to only happen on weekends, but now it can happen at any time. It’s all very weird.

Thanks moisme!

i feel there are a couple things going on here:

1: Amazon servers flooded or being attacked as usual

2: death of internet provider regulation known as Net Neutrality, where in internet providers can choose what they allow people to connect to on the internet, which violates the purpose of the internet

3: as part of 2, ANY website with streaming content such as Google, TAN, etc i a competitotr to internet providers since they are all owned by TV service providers, and thus all connections to those sites and any sub-domain of them are to be cut until the internet customers pay for that “TV” they are getting over the internet instead of suffering through the nothing-worth-watvhing that you already ahve to overpay for on your TV from your internet provider.

4: Joomla and Kunena suck.

it really is random. most times forums and subforums will load, but threads (even ones with no replies) will not load. i suspect table corruption or database connection problems or possibly too many users at once since the database is used for both forum and ANO access

[quote=“shadzar” post=167431]i feel there are a couple things going on here:

4: Joomla and Kunena suck.

it really is random. most times forums and subforums will load, but threads (even ones with no replies) will not load. i suspect table corruption or database connection problems or possibly too many users at once since the database is used for both forum and ANO access[/quote]

At the bottom of each page is a “Page created in X.YZ seconds” label and while I often observe it to be a significant fraction of a second (0.33 for this page) when TAN gets slow I notice that it goes far over 1 second.

I do like the TAN forum software more than the downright ancient version of phpBB that they’re running over on ANN.