Anime Network Subscriptions Thread

[quote=“malakigraves” post=130061]

[quote=“akpoff” post=130052]

I’ve checked our logs. For reasons unexplained by our payment card processors your transaction won’t go through.

I know some of the following is obvious but please ensure:

1. Card is valid,
  2. Not expired,
  3. That you select correct card type,
  4. Address is billing address,
  5. ccv code is correct

If you have another card you can try, please do.[/quote]

1. Card is valid. I have, since this problem began, explained in multiple emails. I have used it and I am currently using it to subscribe to multiple websites. Before and after this all began. Hulu, Funimation since this began. Crunchy Roll, SWTOR Prior and continuing.
    2)The Card is good until 2015
    3 I have verified and reverified my entry form. I have filled it out close to 30 times in Firefox, IE9 and Chrome.
  2. I know my billing information by heart at this point.
  3. See above.

I am saddened that It takes me raging on your forums to get you to reply with this information so I may try and contact my bank to see if your website is blocked or further actions might be possible.
Almost a month goes by and you could not tell me this?

I was in the middle of several anime series when your service cut out. I have wasted countless hours on my end. I changed security software, did a reformat (I was due anyway) Typed multiple emails… and deleted many more less friendly emails I wanted to send… What have you done?

I have been subscribing to websites, MMO’s and making purchases online for over a decade now. I have never had a problem.
I build my own Computers and Have a Degree in Computer Science. So please don’t give me “Is the computer plugged in?” Though to be honest, I will take that reply over three weeks of silence after weeks of attempts to get your attention to begin with.

The behavior of your Customer Support in this matter is not above reproach in this matter and do not pretend that it is.

edit If you are referring to the CC I used the last time I had a subscription, That CC is no longer Valid as I had a problem with my nephew getting carried away and had a new one reissued about three months ago. The reason my subscription stopped in the first place. So check the date on your “logs” please. I have been attempting to use the new card like I had to do with all my other online sites (none of which have had a problem.)[/quote]

I’m seeing the same error code from our payment processor.

I’m going to do more research on this issue. Unfortunately I can’t recreate this error with my credit card. I’m sure you understand that not being able to reproduce the error limits us to log files and user reports for debugging.

If you’re going to be around this weekend I may ask you to try again if you’re willing to try again.

[quote=“KingMobileAudio” post=130060]

I’ve checked our records. Will you go into the iOS app, select account and select “Restore”? Apple won’t verify your account until we get a good copy of your receipt to verify with. For whatever reason, we don’t have it on file.

There is no restore in the updated ios app. I have emailed you guys with screen shots over a month ago

Apple’s receipt-validation system doesn’t accept screenshots. We must have the Apple-generated receipt sent to us by your device. The screenshot was sufficient to let us make a placeholder entry in our db to give you temporary access. To continue your access our system requires the Apple receipt.

Please select “Restore” from within the app. You don’t have to use the original device you purchased with. Any device with our app installed can access the receipt and restore it.

I have the Latest version of your app and don’t see a restore any where

There is a restore button within the app. It’s located with the subscription options. To access it

1. Make sure you are logged out.

2. Click on “Subscribe”

3. At the bottom of the subscription options, select “Restore”

There is no Restore button for the iPhone version.

I had to do it on the iPad. But now the app crashes when I tried logging in.[/quote]

Sounds like your iPhone may be in free-trial mode which doesn’t let you view subscribe screen. Your receipt did not appear in our db.

Will you login again, please?

[quote=“akpoff” post=130067]

[quote=“malakigraves” post=130061]

1. Card is valid. I have, since this problem began, explained in multiple emails. I have used it and I am currently using it to subscribe to multiple websites. Before and after this all began. Hulu, Funimation since this began. Crunchy Roll, SWTOR Prior and continuing.
    2)The Card is good until 2015
    3 I have verified and reverified my entry form. I have filled it out close to 30 times in Firefox, IE9 and Chrome.
  2. I know my billing information by heart at this point.
  3. See above.

I am saddened that It takes me raging on your forums to get you to reply with this information so I may try and contact my bank to see if your website is blocked or further actions might be possible.
Almost a month goes by and you could not tell me this?

I was in the middle of several anime series when your service cut out. I have wasted countless hours on my end. I changed security software, did a reformat (I was due anyway) Typed multiple emails… and deleted many more less friendly emails I wanted to send… What have you done?

I have been subscribing to websites, MMO’s and making purchases online for over a decade now. I have never had a problem.
I build my own Computers and Have a Degree in Computer Science. So please don’t give me “Is the computer plugged in?” Though to be honest, I will take that reply over three weeks of silence after weeks of attempts to get your attention to begin with.

The behavior of your Customer Support in this matter is not above reproach in this matter and do not pretend that it is.

edit If you are referring to the CC I used the last time I had a subscription, That CC is no longer Valid as I had a problem with my nephew getting carried away and had a new one reissued about three months ago. The reason my subscription stopped in the first place. So check the date on your “logs” please. I have been attempting to use the new card like I had to do with all my other online sites (none of which have had a problem.)

I’m seeing the same error code from our payment processor.

I’m going to do more research on this issue. Unfortunately I can’t recreate this error with my credit card. I’m sure you understand that not being able to reproduce the error limits us to log files and user reports for debugging.

If you’re going to be around this weekend I may ask you to try again if you’re willing to try again.[/quote]

I’ll give this a couple more tries this weekend.I agree that this situation was handled quite poorly & has made me a little hesitant in signing up for the service.

UPDATE
Just tried a different card & it went through w/o any issues.The only thing i can think of was the orig. card i tried was a Debit/Credit type card.

[quote=“KingMobileAudio” post=130060]

I’ve checked our records. Will you go into the iOS app, select account and select “Restore”? Apple won’t verify your account until we get a good copy of your receipt to verify with. For whatever reason, we don’t have it on file.

There is no restore in the updated ios app. I have emailed you guys with screen shots over a month ago

Apple’s receipt-validation system doesn’t accept screenshots. We must have the Apple-generated receipt sent to us by your device. The screenshot was sufficient to let us make a placeholder entry in our db to give you temporary access. To continue your access our system requires the Apple receipt.

Please select “Restore” from within the app. You don’t have to use the original device you purchased with. Any device with our app installed can access the receipt and restore it.

I have the Latest version of your app and don’t see a restore any where

There is a restore button within the app. It’s located with the subscription options. To access it

1. Make sure you are logged out.

2. Click on “Subscribe”

3. At the bottom of the subscription options, select “Restore”

There is no Restore button for the iPhone version.

I had to do it on the iPad. But now the app crashes when I tried logging in.[/quote]

Yes, there is a restore button. Please follow the steps above to go to it. I am using an iPhone and I’m able to access it easily. If you accessed the free trial mode, as Poff suggested, you will still need to log out to access the subscription information.

Well I’m so far owed 1 month 2 weeks of service that I’ve paid for but never received, I’m registered again instead of premium so until the problems are fixed I’m not planning to resubscribe. Even when I first joined it took a week to start working, I subscribed to crunchyroll and my service started less than a minute later. AN has shows I want to watch that other sites do not but it makes no sense to me to pay and not receive what I bought. I have been patient thus far but I’m losing money, and have previous subscription time that I didn’t get so ill keep checking the forums til all problems have been resolved. Thank You.

[quote=“LittleB” post=130071]

[quote=“akpoff” post=130067]

That’s an interesting data piont. Thanks for trying again and posting![/quote]

I have never done the free trial. I did it restore on the iPad version. On the iPhone version I cannot select any shows as in it show anything to Select from.

It now says I am premium through iTunes on the website here but was it manually entered or did the receipt finally come through?

[quote=“KingMobileAudio” post=130083]I have never done the free trial. I did it restore on the iPad version. On the iPhone version I cannot select any shows as in it show anything to Select from.

It now says I am premium through iTunes on the website here but was it manually entered or did the receipt finally come through?[/quote]

For some reason the receipt still hasn’t showed up. We’ve tweaked our system to be more patient waiting for the receipt when a restore has been requested.

I’m sure you guys are asked this a million times, but do you take debit cards? I’ve been sticking through all of this and I REALLY want to subscribe and watch shows, but it won’t take my card… I’m 99.9% sure everything is right… it’s a visa if that helps.

If it’s a VISA or Mastecard debit, there shouldn’t be a problem. Of course, there is always the possibility that there could be issues with certain debit processors.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody” post=130104]

If it’s a VISA or Mastecard debit, there shouldn’t be a problem. Of course, there is always the possibility that there could be issues with certain debit processors.[/quote]

When I registered my card, I don’t recall it asking for my age. Do you think that could be the problem?

We should accept debit cards. We’re supposed to anyhow. There may be another problem that’s driving this.

Do you mind trying again? It will likely fail but I’m hoping to get some useful information from some additional logging.

[quote=“akpoff” post=130131]

We should accept debit cards. We’re supposed to anyhow. There may be another problem that’s driving this.

Do you mind trying again? It will likely fail but I’m hoping to get some useful information from some additional logging.[/quote]

I just tried it again. It still didn’t work :frowning:

Tried two different credit cards and still keep coming up with unable to process. Please help in trying to subscribe

nEVER MIND…i GUESS THIRD TIMES A CHARM…OH AND USING CAP LOCK KEY WORKED…OR SOME OTHER SUCH NONSENSE

Worked where? While putting in your info?

[quote=“Truthith” post=130139]

Worked where? While putting in your info?[/quote]

It wasn’t caps lock that solved it for him.

I’m putting a call into our payment processor to see whether they can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks for trying again! I’ll post here as soon as I have something.

I have been trying to resubscribe for months now. I have followed the instructions on contacting someone for help by email several times from different email accounts as well as different payment options and plan options. This is really ridiculous that I have to resort to forums posting to tey and give you my business. It will also be my last attempt. If you cannot provide customer support then I will subscribe to other online players and watch anime there.

[quote=“Truthith” post=130139]

Worked where? While putting in your info?[/quote]

I think we sorted it out.

Are you game for another go?

[quote=“akpoff” post=130153]

Worked where? While putting in your info?

I think we sorted it out.

Are you game for another go?[/quote]

I am, I’ll be right back.