Anime Network Subscriptions Thread

Debit cards are cheaper to process than credit cards, however, it depends on how you process them. If you process it as a Visa, MasterCard, or other credit card, then you may have to pay the associated credit card fees. To process it as a debit card, you often have to accept whatever ATM/debt network supports that card, such as STAR (hence the need for a PIN number.). This is why many banks with rewards programs only reward you when you process a transaction as credit. When a transaction is debit based, the bank is actually responsible for the majority, if not all, of the fees. So even debit card transactions on here would still be processed as credit.

It sti shouldn’t cause issues with authorization, but that can all depend on the payment processor.

Hm…since I’m actually trying to not use my credit card at all, I don’t really want to use it here…

Wish TAN took Paypal…

If you have an iOS device, you can use whatever iTunes supports.

(My knowledge only goes that far as I don’t own anything with the Apple brand on it)

[quote=“Asrialys” post=134411]Hm…since I’m actually trying to not use my credit card at all, I don’t really want to use it here…

Wish TAN took Paypal…[/quote]

There is one final alternative to using an actual credit card to pay for a TAN subscription that I myself use. I asked around at the time and was able to use a Visa prepaid debit/gift card as a payment method. Since I entered in the required information and registered it with Visa, they insure the card for what it is worth. Here are my past posts inquiring about this form of payment along with the answer I had gotten back from one of the TAN site administrators, Rai. Please note that ‘STARFIRE 360’ was an old account of mine in the past. I hope that this helps with the situation you are facing with not wanting to use a credit card, Asrialys.
:slight_smile:

STARFIRE 360 wrote: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,47339/limit,20/limitstart,280/#122732

[quote]Question 1: Can I use a preloaded Visa debit card for payments toward an ANO subscription?

Question 2: Is it possible to switch to a new card/payment option while the subscription is active?

I happened to look through the forums but did not find any answers regarding these questions. As the questions state above, I use preloaded Visa debit cards to make purchases online. Sorry to say that I try to keep credit card information off the net regarding internet purchases… personal security reasons. Anyway, as an example, is it possible to use a preloaded Visa debit card to purchase a subscription that has adequate funds for a year’s worth of payments? Prior to the year’s end, can that payment method be switched to a fresh card with new funds?

If I can use this way to pay and switch between payment methods, can I do this within my profile or do I have to email the subscriptions inquiry address? I really would like to become part of the community now with ANO since I recently lost my ability to receive TAN VOD programming with my cable provider. Please let me know regarding my example and if I can use this method… thank you.[/quote]

Rai wrote: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,47339/limit,20/limitstart,280/#122757

[quote]Answer 1: Yes, you can use a preloaded visa debit card to subscribe, so long as there sufficient funds.

Answer 2: Yes, you can switch cards from the subscriptions manager.[/quote]

STARFIRE 360 wrote: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,47339/limit,20/limitstart,280/#122814

[quote]Thank you for answering my questions, Rai. It is much appreciated, and I look forward to becoming an ANO subscriber in the next few days. I will be using another account due to the fact that this account no longer has a valid email address. I had to close it due to major spam issues… BLASTED SPAM! To all you guys at Anime Network… you guys are awesome. Thank you again.

-Lumis[/quote]

So, here is my awkward attempt to try to see what is happening with my issue that I posted a week ago without peeving anyone off and/or totally demotivating those working on it. Seeing that I have not heard anything more about it, I am just simply wondering if I can fork over the money and receive my subscription. Thank you very much!

Hi,

I can’t seem to subscribe for a monthly plan. Every time I try to subscribe after entering my payment method, it says that a problem occurred and that I should contact you guys if the problem persists. I have tried 3 times and keep getting the same result. Can you fix this?

Thanks,
neato47

[quote=“neato47” post=135606]Hi,

I can’t seem to subscribe for a monthly plan. Every time I try to subscribe after entering my payment method, it says that a problem occurred and that I should contact you guys if the problem persists. I have tried 3 times and keep getting the same result. Can you fix this?

Thanks,
neato47[/quote]

Trying to use a debit card? Because apparently, only credit cards work…

Don’t know why they make it so difficult…

[quote=“Asrialys” post=135775]

[quote=“neato47” post=135606]Hi,

Thanks,
neato47[/quote]

Trying to use a debit card? Because apparently, only credit cards work…

Don’t know why they make it so difficult…[/quote]

Well, I’m actually using a credit card, but really?

Glad that I didn’t use a debit card for this, then…

Hello everyone, just bringing some light to registered forum members looking to subscribe but are receiving an error message after entering payment info. To start, you can use credit cards to subscribe as well as DEBIT CARDS. For those saying debit cards are not accepted, they are completely false. We are aware that some potential subscribers are having trouble subscribing and we are working on a solution with PayPal. But in the meantime, debit cards are a valid form of payment.

Thank you,

Mo

Is the payment section down at the moment? I’ve tried a number of different ways to sign up for a sub and they all seem to be failing. What is worse is that it’s losing my payment information every time, which makes this entire process very tedious.

The payment section is not down at the moment as it is accepting subscriptions from most users. However, for some reason which we are working on at the moment, Paypal is not accepting some users payment methods. Again the payment section is not down.
We please ask that if any user is having trouble subscribing, email us at subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com with the following information:

-Username:
-Credit Card/type of payment method you attempted to subscribe with:
-Browser Type:
-Email:

Again, do not post your personal information on the the forums! Send us the above information to subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com

Thank you for your patience,

-Mo-

[quote=“moisme” post=135871]The payment section is not down at the moment as it is accepting subscriptions from most users. However, for some reason which we are working on at the moment, Paypal is not accepting some users payment methods. Again the payment section is not down.
We please ask that if any user is having trouble subscribing, email us at subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com with the following information:

-Username:
-ANO ID#:
-Credit Card/type of payment method you attempted to subscribe with:
-Browser Type:
-Email:

Again, do not post your personal information on the the forums! Send us the above information to subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com

Thank you for your patience,

-Mo-[/quote]

Thank you for the response and clarification. From the quoted post, is TAN using Paypal to accept payments? If so, is there no option to allow users to use their own Paypal accounts?

The Anime Network Online uses PayPal to Process payments only. However we do not accept PayPal accounts for payment options. Again PayPal is only our payment processor. We only accept credit and debit cards as payment options. I apologize in advance for any confusion and I thank everyone for their patience.

-Mo-

Sorry, I’m confused by what you mean by ANO ID#…

Wasn’t aware we had them visible to us, but it seems that there is a short series of numbers following “userid” in the URL on our profiles.

[quote=“Asrialys” post=135951]

Wasn’t aware we had them visible to us, but it seems that there is a short series of numbers following “userid” in the URL on our profiles.[/quote]

That’s correct.

Neato47, your’s is #154757
Asrialys, your’s is #20127

Sorry for any confusion.

I apologize everyone for the confusion, we do NOT need your ANO ID# as we can find it ourselves, however the rest of the info in my original post is needed. Most users include the ID when they send us a message that is why I suggested it, but you Do NOT have to include it. Again, thanks for your patience and sorry for confusion. Remember to send personal information to us at subscriptions@theanimenetwork.com . Do not post personal info on the forums.

One thousand thank you’s,

-Mo-

Apparently you guys don’t want my money either. :dry:

Email sent to location specified as per thread.

I apologize Kruzer that you are having difficulty subscribing. We are working to fix the issue between our payment processor and our subscriptions page on our website. With that said, only a handful of potential subscribers are having difficulty and receiving errors when attempting to subscribe, making it difficult to find the source of the underlying problem. Again I thank you for your patience and appreciate your commitment to anime and ANO.

-Mo-

It looks like we’ve resolved the issues with subscriptions not working.

If you’re in Canada and haven’t been able to subscribe, please try again. We’ve sorted out an problem that was preventing our friends up north from being able to subscribe.

If you’re in the US, you were probably being bitten by an issue with our date picker for setting your CC expiry date. Please try again as well.

If it works for you, please let us know. We just need to hear back from a couple of Canadian and American subscribers.

If it fails, definitely let us know.