AN Forums

Forum Banners Needed!

[quote=“Slowhand” post=108145]

Perhaps instead of the AN logo, they could just include the words “Anime Network”?[/quote]

Well, “Anime Network” is also part of the logo in the site-wide banner. Seems like you’d either be fine with both or neither.

I see it again and it is purdy.

The competition is fierce. -chews fingernails- I know now what I must do.

[quote=“PretearHimeno” post=108148]

The competition is fierce. -chews fingernails- I know now what I must do.[/quote]

I’ve amended my initial post to include the new specs for the banners. Since it looks a little weird right now, I’ve adjusted the dimension to give it a little more uniformity. New dimensions:

947 x 157, .jpg only

The submissions I’ve gotten already will stay up, because they’re all so damn good. :slight_smile: Anyway, thanks everyone, great job!

-Rai

Yay all 5 that I’ve submitted (so far) made it up there! I… I just feel so honored. ;_;
Great work everyone! Looking good!

:laugh: Rai, can you explain this one?

[quote=“sbitzer” post=108189]:laugh: Rai, can you explain this one?

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j370/Scott_Bitzer/misc/bbug.jpg[/quote]

[quote=“PretearHimeno” post=108148]

The competition is fierce. -chews fingernails- I know now what I must do.[/quote]

Haha, I am in no way competition.

I dunno, the one banner you made is pretty boss.

Why thank you, my good man! I suppose it is neat, but it didn’t really require any neat photoshop tricks to make. There are some other really impressive banners in rotation.

I know that for me at least, if I hover the cursor over the image, it mentions who made it.

Nah, not anymore, that was a function from the original way I was putting up the banners. Can’t do that anymore. O_o

If you open the banner in a new tab/window, you’ll see the filename of the image in the URL, so if you included your sn in the filename, you’ll see it there!

I was sort of being cautions about using other people’s work from the internet for these banners… but since everyone else is doing it… I’ll have to make something out of my giant folder full of fancy pictures :slight_smile:

We all do that for our sigs, so why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you guys have any good high resolution images of your more recent series we could use as source material?

-feels proud of mine then looks up at all the ones made with fancy software- ;_;

Don’t feel so bad… Sbitzer’s are probably made with photoshop, but nothing so complicating that you couldn’t do it in a free software like Paint.net

Pretty sure Newshawk uses Paint.net
I usually use Paint.net or GIMP (GIMP is also free but a little tough to get used to)
Tager uses GIMP
Sbitzer I THINK uses photoshop… not sure though.

Which ones did you make?