Star Trek TV & Film

###Star Trek Convention Beams Into NYC With The Voyage Home Staged Reading, Cast Reunions and Shatner
August 25, 2016 12:00 pm

But about 60ish years before the Enterprise D first encountered Q

###New Star Trek: Discovery Details Reveal Timeline, Names & More
AUGUST 29, 2016

Dunno about calling someone ā€œNumber Oneā€ as itā€™ll invite comparisons to Captain Picard and no one can outdo that; the only time I can recall Star Trek having another character rise to almost Picard levels of coolness with a Picard line was in First Contact when Zefram Cochrane used one.

IMO 10-13 eps is too short for a show. Just when it starts getting good, it comes to a screeching halt, a large reason why Iā€™m not keen on much British TV.

Yeah the more I hear about Discovery The Less Iā€™m enthused about it

1 Like

When TNG first started, I remember people looking at Picard funny when he used the term ā€œNumber Oneā€ because more people associated the term with Captain Pikeā€™s mysterious first officer at the time. But it wasnā€™t uncommon for captains to refer to their first officers as Number One in the Old British Navy, and that was where Gene Roddenberry originally got the idea from for both TNG and the original TOS pilot episode.

As far as DIS is concerned, I do like what Iā€™ve heard so far about the series, even though I would have preferred something post-VOY. I think the 13-episode season format works for shows that have more tightly connected episodes rather than more standalone episodes. It also severely cuts down on ā€œfillerā€ or ā€œbottleā€ episodes to pad out a 20-24 episode season.

###Smithsonian Channelā€™s Building Star Trek Looks at Enterprising Tech and That Landmark Kiss
September 1, 2016 8:00 am

###Whatā€™s Worth Watching: Building Star Trek for Friday Sept. 2 thru Sunday, Sept. 4
September 2, 2016 3:05 am

###As Star Trek Turns 50, Gene Roddenberryā€™s Vision Endures
September 2, 2016 1:00 pm

###Star Trek: Discovery Companion Books & Comics Coming Soon
September 4, 2016

###Bryan Fuller Explains Star Trek: Discoveryā€™s Title
September 4, 2016

###September 6, 2016: This Week on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD (Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection)
SEPTEMBER 6, 2016

###Leonard Nimoyā€™s Son Adam on Making For the Love of Spock a Reality
September 6, 2016 11:30 am

###Star Trekā€™s Walter Koenig On Chekovā€™s Haircut and Other Decades-Old Rumors
September 6, 2016 1:00 pm

Didnā€™t Chekov, like the Klingons and Elcor would later do, make a recurring claim that everything of note had actually been invented by the Russians?

###William Shatner on Star Trekā€™s 50th, Trekkers, and Being a Pain in the You-Know-Where
September 7, 2016 11:00 am

###George Takei: We Need Star Trekā€™s Inclusive Message ā€˜More Than Everā€™
September 7, 2016 2:20 pm

###Ask Matt: Star Trekā€™s 50th vs. Lost in Space
September 8, 2016 9:45 am

###How Star Trek Has Been Able to Live Long and Prosper For 50 Years
September 8, 2016 10:35 am

###Star Trek Becomes Reality With Bluetooth Combadge
September 8, 2016

Star Trek 50 Years, 50 Artists SDCC Art Exhibit | Comic-Con HQ

Lost in Space was just as crazy and ā€œout thereā€ as Star Trek TOS. That 60s Scifi was pretty crazy.

Now that I think about it, it might be the best show to feature a leading kid. It also handled the kid far better than Star Trek TNG did lol. But IMO itā€™s not the progressiveness that gives Star Trek the edge, itā€™s that Kirk & McCoy were 2 larger-than-life characters while LiS only had Dr Smith. Trek also had an ensemble-ish cast + ā€œkey threeā€ while LiS really only had a ā€œkey threeā€.

ā€¦Netflix is remaking Lost in Space? Iā€™m not so keen on that as Netflixā€™s The Ranch sitcom was pretty lackluster and Netflix seems to have gotten ā€œHBO syndromeā€ and tends to give everything an ā€œR ratingā€ to make it edgy. A show doesnā€™t have to drop more ā€œF bombsā€ than Joe Biden to be good lol.

1 Like

###Star Trekā€™s George Takei Puts Colbertā€™s Late Show On Red Alert
September 9, 2016

###Paramount Celebrates 50 Years of Star Trek With Gorgeous Trailer
September 9, 2016

###Become Expendable With This Distressed Star Trek Red Shirt
September 9, 2016

###Classic Star Trek Episode Will Serve as ā€˜Touchstoneā€™ For Discovery
September 10, 2016

Well the problem is, it was mentioned in that classic episode, that that was the 1st time anyone had ever seen what a Romulan looked like, which was why the one dude was suspicious of Spock. So are they not going to show the Romulans in keeping with Established Canon?

###Star Trek: The Next Generation: Bluetooth ComBadge Coming in November
by Regina Avalos, September 14, 2016

###Star Trek: Discovery Delayed Until May 2017
SEPTEMBER 14, 2016

###Celebrate Star Trekā€™s 50th Anniversary with The Line it is Drawn
September 16, 2016